Refund Service Fees for Guest

Toronto-Heritage0
Level 1
Toronto, Canada

Refund Service Fees for Guest

My guest accidentally clicked book before she was ready to book because she was confused on how to use the site. She will book again, but wanted to chat first. I issued her a full refund but she still is out $123 for service fee. Will Airbnb refund her if she rebooks??

5 Replies 5
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

No, not unless she contacts them - they just see it as a cancelled booking. You can also contact on her behalf to assist, but she made the mistake.

I need to contact a future guest that booked in error and i would like to refund her your fee.

How do i get her E address or Phone number?

@Karen133, Sorry Karen You are in an online discussion room, this is not the Airbnb service desk.

You cannot get these details to contact your guest.

If you wish to send a refund of any kind, you must do it via the airbnb "Resolutions Centre". For access to a step by step guide, type "resolutions"  into your help search bar to read through the instructions on how to do this and other handy transactions and admin tasks.

I hope this is helpful to you.

Sincere regards, Christine.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Toronto-Heritage0, The short answer to your question is no. This Airbnb charge is not refundable and is always forfeited if a booking is cancelled.

In the future if a guest books the wrong dates by mistake and they still wish to book but for alternative dates, then either the host or the guest can submit a request for an alteration to the booking. This will avoid cancellation fees, and refunds are not an issue as no money has actually been paid out until the guest comes to stay.

Either of you can make alterations by visiting the "my trips " tab on your account.

I hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards, Christine.

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia