Refund after a cancellation

Yanis14
Level 1
San Bernardino, CA

Refund after a cancellation

I mistakenly booked the wrong destination, and wrote to the host right after. The host cancelled the reservation and permitted a refund on April 1st. I only got the service fee refunded for now. The rest was supposed to be refunded by April 10th. The issue is, I lost my wallet since the incident and therefore cancelled my lost credit card and received a new one. I have not received the full refund yet, and I'm wondering if it may be because it is a new credit card. Since the older credit card that made the payment and was meant to receive the refund does not exist anymore, is it possible that the refund never went through?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Yanis14  I've seen other posts on this issue. I think you need to talk to your credit card company to see if charge-backs will roll over to your new card automatically.  Also, airbnb is not always accurate as far as payments being sent in the stated amount of time. And April 10th may mean they release the funds then, but could take a few days after that to appear on your card as a credit.

Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

So update your card asap, @Yanis14

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"