Refund and Cancellation

Shaima1
Level 1
Udine, Italy

Refund and Cancellation

I canceled my booking 48 hours before check-in. My host cancellation policy is "Flexible" but she did not refund me according to this policy.
It is clearly written according to this policy that the guest can get full refund if he/she canceled 24 hours prior to check-in

She refunded me only 260 euros out of 370 euros. It is not her right to deduct this amount according to the cancellation policy "flexible" and no responses from her until the moment.

I communicate through AIRBNB website as it is reliable, but I don't find anyone who can help me.

I need to finish it asap.

Thank you

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

First of all, @Shaima1, it is not the host who refunded you at this point, but Airbnb. She/he didn't deduct anything herself, she/he doesn't have the money yet. Don't you know if your host is a 'she' or 'he'?

Any complaints how the cancellation is handled before must be placed with Airbnb Customer Service. It is the system that computes your cancellation. And 24 hours is one day before the day of check-in, it's not 24 hours before your check-in.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

My host is "she"

I canceled my booking 48 hours in advance 

The cancelation policy which is flexible in my case stipulates that I can get fully refunded 

But I got emails about partial notification 311 euros out of 421 euros

I communicate through your website 

@Shaima1   Airbnb collects the money and pays the refunds you will need to contact them.

Ok,but I canceled 48 hours before, which means that I have to get fully refunded, but I get notifications about partial refund 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Shaima1

This is just a discussion forum where we try to help each other.  You need to contact airbnb with any technical issues with payouts and cancellations.

Perhaps you were too late with your cancellation and had to pay for the first night ?  That would be my guess.