Refund due to a cancellation

Marie393
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Refund due to a cancellation

Hello, I booked some accommodation in Bali where it's instant booking and you have to enter your credit card details. After approval and following a message from the host I realised some of my criteria of search were not met ( I requested listings with pool and host asked if I was aware she didn't have a pool ). I instantly told her I needed to cancel and shw was ok with this. Cancellation happened 1 whole month before arrival. However she has a strict policy rule and amount refunded was half the booking amount. We emailed each otehr and she was ok to refund in full because of the 1 month notice given. However I only received half that amount and she said she did what she had to do from her end and I need to contact Airbnb but IMPOSSIBLE to find where or how to get them involved. Can anyone here help please > Thanks in advance . Marie

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Marie393 I believe you have a phone number on your reservation confirmation, but if you didnyo't keep the email, you can find a community guide on this site for various ways to contact Air BNB.  Hopefully your communication with the host was on the Air BNB messaging system and available to Air BNB.  If the host agreed to refund your full payment, less Air BNB fees of course, and took the proper steps to have the full refund sent to you, then Air BNB should be able to rectify the error.   I am not sure about getting the Air BNB fee refunded, however.