Refund from Host. Cancelled more than 20 days before booking due to passport issue.

Ira-Natasha-G0
Level 1
Caloocan, Philippines

Refund from Host. Cancelled more than 20 days before booking due to passport issue.

Hi there. 

I booked a place in South Korea on May 25-29th last week. However, I recently discovered (this weekend only) that my passport is expired. The passport renewal process here in the Philippines is only by appointment basis and the next available appointment is mid June. I informed my host about all this (no response back by the way) and sadly had to cancel due to my stupidity. I also lost my plane ticket on the way. I cancelled, got mt 50% refund but I requested for more but he has stopped responding. I sent the issue into resolution center (with photos of my passport and appointments to prove my statement) but he also has not responded. I don't know what to do next.. How do I get airbnb involved to settle the dispute? It's been 3 days and no response. How long do I have to wait for a response? What if he never responds? Is there any way for airbnb to settle the dispute?

Thanks! 

2 Replies 2
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ira-Natasha-G0

Hi - when you cancel you will be refunded according to the hosts cancellation policy (flexible, moderate or strict). Airbnb will automatically process any refund due to you - the host does not have to do anything. 

I already received a 50% refund when I cancelled but as I was reading AIRBNB, it said that I can ask for a higher refund if I send in a request at the resolution center; which is what I did. That's what I'm waiting on..