Refund is Missing and AirBnB Support is not replying

Francisca2
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Refund is Missing and AirBnB Support is not replying

Hello!

4 weeks ago i got a refund from my host which is now the responsibilty from AirBnB to send the money.

In the reservation the refund is listed to be refunded but hasn't arrived on my mastercard / bank account yet.

I contacted AirBnB Support several times and they told me the refund will not take longer than 15 business days.

It has been now more than 24 business day ago but no refund has arrived so far.

When i contacted my german bank they told me it is the merchants responsibility to send the money.

The bank will simply add the amount to my account.

If they did not do it, the merchant did not send money.

Now - i contacted the Airbnb Support again and they are not replying for over 7 days. 

What can i do to get the refund ?  

Air BnB got the money from the host and hasn't given it back to me yet.

No support is replying to the messages.  The bank cannot do anything because surely someone has to send it.

Any idea what to do highly appreciated.

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Morgan123
Level 1
Lahaina, HI

Oh my the same thing happened to me and it's been a complete mess! Like refunds should not be hard at all

Shanyn1
Level 1
La Verne, CA

Did anyone ever get this resolved? The same thing is happening to me now. I've been told over and over that my ticket has been re-escalated to payments and there's nothing else they can do other than continue to mark it as urgent whenever I call because the department doesn't have a phone number and there's no timeline on when someone will reach out. It's been nearly 2 weeks being re-escalated and I still don't have a case manager.

Francisca2
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

Hey Shanyn - long time ago though this is the benefit of such posts, that even one year after one is able to catch up on a ticket. AirBnB refunded the money. I investigated a lot, because the money was never really available for me to spend. I had a lot of conversations with my bank. It happened also that that particular bank where the refund was sent to, was not clear with refunds as well. My bank showed the refund on my bank statement but it was never "really" added to my balance so that i could actively spent it. Very weird and i assume there was something wrong with the banks system. It happened twice in a row with this bank, that i used my card for a deposit (hotels), the money was taken from my balance at check-in (not blocked) and after check-out, the money was refunded by the hotel, but it was not added as a plus to my balance.  Although the refund was shown on my bank statement...I must add, that this bank works a lot via an App. Very digital.   Because of this - i never used this bank and their card for any deposits etc. ..... Maybe this little story and feedback helps you also, to discuss further with your bank....... Maybe to investigate with them. Overall, i absolutely agree that this new age customer support via Chat-Robots is very **bleep**ty (!!!) You always need a phone number, a REAL person who cares about you. Companies need to invest a lot more in the analog ability to solve problems with the millions of customers they have. Chat-Robots and Support E-Mails where someone replies only within one week (too long) is a waste of time.