Refund of airbnb service fee

Tony-And-Elizabeth0
Level 2
Mudgee, Australia

Refund of airbnb service fee

Hi, I am a new user of Airbnb and our guest has had to cancel due to other guests dropping out of the weekend away and not being able to organise anyone else to come in their place.  We have a flexible cancellation policy and have asked our guest to cancel the booking on her end.  She has advised that she will still be charged the Airbnb Service Fee which is quite considerable and she is now very upset and not happy.  Is there any way she can cancel and still have have ALL her booking amount refunded to her as I can understand her situation and she has cancelled well in advance which means I have the opportunity to rebook the property.  Thanks.

3 Replies 3
ZenHomes0
Level 10
Singapore

@Tony-And-Elizabeth0 There's really no way around this since it's the guests' responsibility to ensure that they can make it for the trip before booking and not an issue you should be concerned about as well. The guests can call Airbnb and plead for a waiver but chances are it won't go through since Airbnb needs to earn this fee to cover costs like transaction costs (which is incurred once the guest makes payment). 

Hi Adam, thanks for your reply. Can you advise the phone number the guest can ring to discuss this as I can't seem to find a phone number. Thanks again.
Donna15
Level 10
Delft, Netherlands

@Tony-And-Elizabeth0, here you go.

contact airbnb

An additional possibility is to post a query on their Facebook timeline.

https://www.facebook.com/airbnb/?fref=ts