Refund of travel credit

Faygie0
Level 1
New York, NY

Refund of travel credit

I made a reservation using a travel credit coupon. The day of the stay the host cancelled my reservation. Airbnb instructed me to try and make another reservation and the funds will be used to cover the new reservation and any overage will be refunded. After the stay I notced that the original travel credit was not applied. When I called Airbnb I was told that they can't apply the travel credit becuase another coupon was already used- meaning the funds from the cancellation were applied to the new reservation. I tried to explain that I didn't use a coupon rather a host cancelled and this was my money that I already paid for a stay I didn't use. It was like talking to a wall - even a "manager" coudn't get it and insisted that a coupon was already applied. 

Overall my first expereince with Airbnb has been terrible!

1 Reply 1
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

Its all about luck to whom you are speaking to. Based on my experience, if you got one irresponsible or etc customer service officer. Call again! Different officer has different working attitude 🙂

The first time the officer told me to wait as there is nothing she can do and immediately i called again, the nice officer solved my issue!