Refund to guest

Answered!
Juanita23
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Refund to guest

A guest that has confirmed a reservation with us and paid the deposit wishes to cancel the reservation. We had chosen the Strict refund policy on our profile but in the circumstances are willing to allow a full refund. Although we have now changed the setting to allow refunds, it will still not allow him a refund on a cancellation. How do we go about enabling him to cancel with a full refund?

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your guest needs to cancel. Airbnb will then contact you to say the guest is cancelling. This message will give you the option of giving the guest a full refund.

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your guest needs to cancel. Airbnb will then contact you to say the guest is cancelling. This message will give you the option of giving the guest a full refund.

Thank you Helen. This just happened to me too and I wasn't sure how to handle it. 

I booked and then cancelled within 24 hours due to unknown schedule conflict. I paid in full with the reservation and the full amount came out of my account within a couple hours. The Hosts excepted my cancellation but the money was not refunded to me. (its been about a week). The host told me they dont receive payment until the date we rented (which would have been in Sept) so they didnt have the ability to refund me. I called AirBNB but could not get a live person on the phone. I've read the refund policy but - so much information! - I am confused as to when i might get the refund? any help would be appreciated! thanks!

This STRICT policy is nonsense. I booked a place after not reading the fine print and cancelled it within 12 hours. It doesn't matter about the reason for cancellation. The host did nothing and now refuses to give me a full refund due to this policy of words. The person made $180 from me for making an internet mistake. Makes me very angry that people can do the wrong thing and say they are just following policy.

Sarah915
Level 1
Washington, DC

Hi, I'm trying to issue a refund as directed by the Help desk, and there is no Issue Refund option to click on as they say.

I've gotten an email from airbnb saying that the guest cancelled, and they have been issued a full refund, but the guest's card has still been charged, and on my reservations page it still says that it's been accepted, not cancelled.

What do I do?

Sarah