Refund

Keia4
Level 1
Raytown, MO

Refund

I booked an Airbnb for 07/3/2020 I never stayed in the Airbnb because it was a SCAM. I would like my refund ASAP I have been contacting Airbnb since the 3rd and I have heard nothing 

6 Replies 6
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably if  you made the booking through Airbnb and you found out it was a scam before you stayed - you would have cancelled through Airbnb. In that case they will process the refund. @Keia4  so you will need to contact them directly.

I’ve been trying to contact them directly and via email actually. I was placed on a hold for 1.5 hours and then the calls was disconnected I don’t have another hour to waste over the phone. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Presumably if  you made the booking through Airbnb and you found out it was a scam before you stayed - you would have cancelled through Airbnb. In that case they will process the refund  so you will need to contact them directly.

And when I attempted to cancel it said that I would be given a 0 dollar refund!!! This is the location I booked and this is the actual home!!

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

**[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Keia4  Is this a listing you actually booked through the official Airbnb site, paying by Airbnb charging the credit card you have on file with them, or something you found on some other site? If the latter, I fear you have been scammed altogether- a fake Airbnb listing on a fake Airbnb look-alike site. If that is the case, then, then no, you wouldn't get any refund from Airbnb, because it isn't one of their listings and the scammer will certainly not send you back your money.

If you did book through the real Airbnb site, you'll just have to be patient about getting through to them- customer service is dismal lately. Many hosts and guests have had 3 hour phone waits.