Refund

Jo10
Level 1
Baguio, Philippines

Refund

Greetings Airbnb!

I have a flexible cancellation policy. My check in time is 1 pm and check out time is 12 noon the next day.  My guests booked for three nights. They check in 10 pm on the 1st night and informed me 7:00 am the following day that they are cancelling their remaining reservation.

Here are my questions:

1) Who refunds my guests since I have also incurred "income opportunity loss" due to their judgement.

2) How much would be their refund?

3) If the guests werent able to express/inform their cancellation to Airbnb during their booking dates, can they still process their refund and how? 

6 Replies 6
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

There is no refund after check-in.  If your guests found the accomodation unacceptable for some reason or other, they need to involve airbnb in this issue within the given time frame.  

Listing your place as bed & breakfast when breakfast is not included would be misleading I think and can lead to misunderstandings. Better list as room(s) or include breakfast in your adjusted rates.  

Lisa7
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marit-Anne0 - You might want to reexamine the refund policies. It's not true that there's no refund after check in. If you are staying multiple nights with a host with a flexible cancellation policy, it's like @Dave-and-Deb0 says:

"If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent 24 hours after the official cancellation are 100% refunded."

@Lisa7

wow - I stand corrected ok ?

I have made some adujustments to a reservation in Venice as a guest. I noticed there is a refund. Could someone please tell me how this refund is credited back to me?

Thanks

I am sorry 😞 I seem to be tagging this on to an existing thread on another issue but I don''t seem to be able to start a new conversation

Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Jo10,

1) Airbnb refunds the guest dependant on your cancellation policy which is "flexible". 

"If the guest arrives and decides to leave early, the nights not spent 24 hours after the official cancellation are 100% refunded."

2) They might get a day back IF they cancel.

3) If they do not cancel, they may be able to plead with Airbnb that they notified you thinking that was enough.  Airbnb does seem on the guest's side lately when making decisions.  I would strongly suggest you cantact the guest and tell them they need to cancel and that you cannot do this for them.  The reason a say this is if the guest cancels, they cannot review you which would probably be a good thing as they may post a "revenge review".  

@Jo10, I would consider changing your cancellation policy to at least moderate.

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host