Refund

Sonia350
Level 2
West Coast, New Zealand

Refund

My guest couldnt arrive due to road being closed due to a storm. I would like to refund them but what about the amount airbnb has charged me for that night? Can they refund that to me as well.

4 Replies 4
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sonia350

Hi you don't give enough information - was this a one night stay, or have they now arrived. Have they claimed under extenuating circumstances etc

Thanks for replying - my guests couldnt even drive to our farm as the roads were blaocked and officially closed - so Ive sent them a message that I will refund them after the money has gone through to me. This has now happenend with 2 nights guests. I just wondered if I could get the airbnb admin money back or not. Thanks again

Sonia, I would suggest you call Airbnb directly. You should be able to resolve the issue in the Customer Resolution Center. You will need to jump on a computer to find these options. Once you get there, you can give them a refund (minus the Airbnb fees you would like back). Hope that helps!

Susanna0
Level 10
Milan, Italy

@Sonia350, I think you should suggest your guest to call Airbnb directly. This is probably a so called  extenuating circumstances, and they may be refunded by Airbnb directly, not by you.