Refunding a guest who has cancelled

Elias11
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Refunding a guest who has cancelled

I am trying to refund a guest who has cancelled his service fees and the site tells me to "

If your guest canceled the reservation before the check-in date, you can give them an additional refund beyond what the cancellation policy provides by going to Your reservations and clicking Issue Refund."

But when i got to my reservations there doesn't seem to be anything called "issue refund". Can somebody assist?

Elias

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Elias11,

Aye, I've never been able to do it that way myself either.

How I've given extra refunds in the past is via the resolution centre.

To be honest I don't know how to get to that directly so I always type "resolution" in the search box after clicking on "Help".

That shows a link "Visit resolution Centre" which I click on.

Then clicking on "Send money" and selecting the guest from the list of guests I follow the instructions from there.

Steve.

Judy1
Level 5
Toronto, Canada

It seems like a glitch. I think the best method to refund money is to go through the Resolution Centre. You can leave a little message stating that it is a refund for the service fees. Then all your guest has to do is accept the refund. It's simple and easy. Plus, for year-end calculations, you can reflect on any refunds for additional costs you had for the year (damages, service costs, etc.) because the Resoultion Centre keeps track of all of your cases. Cheers!