Reimbursement

Ebony29
Level 1
United States

Reimbursement

I’m having a hard time understanding certain things I’ve been a host for some time now and I’ve had issues but Nun that was to big. Recently I had guest that booked my unit November 22nd she came and messed up my unit threw a birthday party she broke the beds had vomit and urine in both of the mattresses,  the guest saw me and sped off at time of check out once I reached back out to them on the cell phone as well as via Airbnb inbox so they could keep track. I didn’t get a response , meanwhile my Airbnb is already booked up for the day after her check out time ( so I’m thinking to myself I have to hurry and find a way at to fix this or else I’m going to have to cancel my next reservation) .. which I did not want to do . I came up with  an alternative for my next guess until my bed was repaired , but now Airbnb sent me an email saying it would have had to be fixed before the next guest came !!! But I’m asking how is that even possible if my guest was already booked for the next day !  And the Rcenter requires atleast 72 hours for the guest to send it or decline. My guest came , now Airbnb is trying not to pay me at all for a brand new broken bed 

1 Reply 1
Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Ebony29 it doesn't have to be fixed before the next guest checks in but you do have to initiate the claim before the next guest checks in:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/264/what-do-i-do-if-my-guest-breaks-something-in-my-place

You can estimate the amount and add documentation later if necessary.