Reinstatement after removal of Revenge review due to failed extortion attempt

Answered!
R--Michael0
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Reinstatement after removal of Revenge review due to failed extortion attempt

I am appalled today by an Airbnb employee who refused to provide his/her name and proceeded to reinstate a revenge review without even consulting me as the Host. They only informed me they were reinstating the revenge review with inaccurate and exaggerated information about the listing when the Guest had attempted extortion for a refund. Total disregard and disrespect to me a Host, and a Superhost at that. Now wasting my time to pursue that the review once again be overturned. This employee claimed supervisor "Lucy" agreed with the offensive behavior towards me as a Host. Please note that the review and low rating is totally out of sync with ALL other reviews and ALL 5 star ratings on this luxury property but that was obviously NOT taken into consideration.  How sad. I'm in shock really. Its like they have nothing better to do than look for things to harass good and competent hosts. 

1 Best Answer
R--Michael0
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Any suggestions on how to file a complaint against the unnamed employee (refused to provide name) and the supposed supervisor "Lucy"?  It seem very unacceptable to have to start all over and call in and explain all over again all the details for which the review and rating were before removed.  Just because an employee has to find things to use their time on to justify their existence apparently to our demise and frustration. 

View Best Answer in original post

6 Replies 6
R--Michael0
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Any suggestions on how to file a complaint against the unnamed employee (refused to provide name) and the supposed supervisor "Lucy"?  It seem very unacceptable to have to start all over and call in and explain all over again all the details for which the review and rating were before removed.  Just because an employee has to find things to use their time on to justify their existence apparently to our demise and frustration. 

R--Michael0
Level 2
Dallas, TX

Any suggestions (as opposed to starting all over with calls) are appreciated. Are these posting reviewed by Brian or anyone that really cares about us the Hosts in these situations? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

No this is a community forum for hosts and guests not monitored by Airbnb. @R--Michael0 

You can contact Airbnb on its social media and also Brian and others that run Airbnb.

How horrible. This shouldn’t happen. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@R--Michael0 I’d leave that “bad” review alone, if it’s the guests complaining that they couldn’t host extra people. If anything it will help you filter out guests who think renting a whole house means bring over whoever I want. 

you have 13 listings and 400+ reviews. Seems like you’d have this down by now. All of that sounds very abb typical to me. 

Karla128
Level 6
Vallejo, CA

Hi Michael, 

sorry to hear that, it happens to me with no name staff from Airbnb for different case. 
Glad to see this from you. 
I do not have any suggestion. My experience is after spending many many tries with other staff one after one. 
they got me tired, so, I stopped. 
‘I think that is all they want from host to give them what they want. It had changed. If you search policy reviews about Airbnb, you will find out they are only getting 2 stars reviews them self. And the guest requesting had going worse then before. Of course. That is logical, how could they get better by hiring staffs as such? And bad reviews to guest will hurt Airbnb business. My choose is stand the truth as it is to review, no matter what. Stay honest goes long way. 
and keep adding house rules to keep bad guest away from my property. 
thank you!