Remarkably low Average 1st Page Impressions - Anyone else?

Laura256
Level 2
Charlotte, NC

Remarkably low Average 1st Page Impressions - Anyone else?

Anyone else have this experience and have Airbnb refuse to explain?

1 of my 2 properties is far below the market median when my other is far ahead.

The high performer is Airbnb ID # 8719633, The Guest House
The low performer is Airbnb ID # 32282135, the Fabulous Fourth Ward Flat

I am a superhost and the low performer has a 5.0 rating after 21 stays.  It is well-appointed, attractive, and has noteworthy amenities.  Just like my high-performer.  The 2 properties are part of the same house - my home, a triplex.   All spaces are separate, no sharing.   I'm in a fabulous location in the heart of downtown Charlotte in a beautiful historic neighborhood.  

For average 1st page impressions, the Flat is 84% lower than the median! It gets only 227 impressions a day whereas my other property, The Guest House, gets a whopping 12,256.

I need to understand why Airbnb is not supporting my 2nd property. I have searched as a guest myself, and my low-performing property does not consistently appear even when zooming into the location. Something is wrong, either with my listing or Airbnb's algorithm, and I need to get it fixed.

Airbnb has not been helpful.  Do any of you have suggestions?

Thank you! 

3 Replies 3
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura256 My guess is that they are promoting the high earner because that's the one that puts more money in the form of service fees in their coffers. That's really all that Airbnb cares about.

But it's a vicious circle- they drop the search ranking, therefore it isn't very visible to potential guests, therefore it doesn't get booked as much, therefore they aren't giving it high ranking and around and around it goes.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura256 Can we assume all the settings are the same for both. Instant book, ID requirements etc etc?

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Laura256 

Is it not simply down to availability.

Your low performer doesn't have any calendar dates free until the very end of August.