Rent a flat

Laura5049
Level 1
Barcelona, Spain

Rent a flat

Hi everyone! I would like to explain my situation and see if you can help me: I am renting a flat in Barcelona and the host is from Germany, so she is not in the city to show me the flat + giving me the keys in case I want to stay in the flat.

She is telling me that due to that situation, she has a “contract” with Airbnb, and the company takes care of all that process by showing me the flat and giving me the keys trhough and Airbnb agent. For making that, she says the company requests 2 months of rent + 1 month as a deposit. Once you have done the payment, they show you the flat. In case you like it, you have been given the keys. In case you don’t, they refund that money in 24h.

Does somebody know if that is true? Does Airbnb offer that service to hosts and guests?

Thank you very much,

Laura 

2 Replies 2
Louise0
Level 10
New South Wales, Australia

No.  This is a scam.  This has nothing to do with Airbnb.  Walk away.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Laura5049  You were about to lose all your money to a scammer. Stop communicating with this criminal and report her ad to whatever site  you found it on.

Airbnb has no agents who give you keys and show you a place. You don't send anyone money.

This scammer has no place to rent and she isn't a host. They steal the listing photos from real estate sites and sometimes from real Airbnb listings.