Rental Price is Different with AirBNB Confirmation

Michelle200
Level 1
Margaret River, Australia

Rental Price is Different with AirBNB Confirmation

Hello everyone,

We are new hosts on AirBNB.  My query is only about $1 - insignificant in the scheme of things, but still annoying.  Our rental for two nights is a total of $250, but the confirmation shows $249.

Can anyone advise why, and how I can amend this so that it is accurate

Thanking you

Michelle

Western Australia

6 Replies 6

Isn't that the fee that AirBNB charges the hosts? In the UK they dock us £1 which is more that you get charged!

Michelle200
Level 1
Margaret River, Australia

Hi,

Thanks for responding.  No, we have been charged the AirBNB fee of $8 for the booking.  But the $8 has been deducted from the $249 - which should have been $250. I have checked our listing and it is showing $250, but the confirmation details $249.  

Odd.

Thanks again

Michelle

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Michelle200  @Samantha45

It is usually agio.

Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Michelle200 it's apparently something to do with exchange rates and conversion. It's not the sevice fee as that is 3% (rounded).

Danny9
Level 10
Palma, Spain

Indeed, this apparently has something to do with the exchange rate. The thing to do would be to up your pricing for 1 dollar and quickly move on!

Danny

Expert support for your listings in Palma de Mallorca!

@Michelle and @Danny9, I've just had this happen to me for the first time (after 15 guests). I don't understand how it could be connected to 'conversion'.

Conversion to/from what? If it were really the US$ exchange rate, the amount would be less than €1. And each booking would have resulted in my receiving varying amounts, as my guests were from a wide range of countries.

My fee is for X euros per night, and I received X euros minus €1. (The AirBnB and host fee had already been deducted.)

Just a little puzzling. I suppose I could go to the horse's mouth and ask AirBnB. 😉