Renting a townhouse as either 2, 3 or 4 bedroom unit - separate listings?

Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

Renting a townhouse as either 2, 3 or 4 bedroom unit - separate listings?

Has anyone had experience renting a home that has a "lock off" suite with a separate entrance? Do you rent it as one unit and charge for additional people based on how many bedrooms they will need? Or do you have multiple listings for the same property (one as a whole, one as a three bedroom and one as a two bedroom) and then manage the calendars very carefully? I'd love to hear about other hosts experiences with this.

Kind regards,

Heather

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

As for the calendar, @Heather133, it only has two levels of syncing - one master and the level below it. 

So in your case (more than two bedrooms) it's not possible to sync the calendars automatically. Because as I understand, only one party would be renting it at a time, yeah?

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Heather133
Level 10
Stowe, VT

@Marzena4 We could potentially rent a one bedroom suite with kitchenette and a three bedroom (or two bedroom) unit separately at the same time.

Then you need a separate listing for each unit that could be rented at a time, @Heather133. Plus a master listing for what might be rented as a whole containing the other listings - thus you'll get the chance to address the offer to both smaller and bigger parties.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Herman2
Level 2
Hacienda Heights, CA

Curious , are the reviews for one particular listing or for all listings. I have 2 major listing before , 3 bedroom without kitchen and 3 bedrooms with kitchen. 

@Herman2  Reviews are for the listing the guest made the booking for. All of a host's reviews for all listings appear on the host's profile page, but only the reviews ratings for each listing show on that particular listing.