Renting as a Young Adult (18)

Answered!

Renting as a Young Adult (18)

Hi all,

Come early July, my girlfriend and I will be travelling down to Pensacola in order to help my grandparent's pack and move to South Carolina. Since we would be in a family favorite vacation area, I figured I would rent an Airbnb and come down with her a few days early (from GA) and spend time relaxing and exploring Downtown Pensacola before we would be helping out my grandparents. I am just wondering what steps I can be taking to make whichever host(s) I am attempting to rent from more comfortable with my booking, as I've seen quite a few of them openly communicate that they are decently uncomfortable with the idea of renting out to younger adults.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance. 

1 Best Answer

@Alexis520 Your age is not displayed to hosts when you make a booking request, and it's generally not something they're going to ask about. But you're going to see more hesitation coming from the fact that you  have a very new and incomplete profile. So before you start trying to book a home, I recommend that you fill out the profile text, add a clear face photo, and complete the ID verification step.

Then, when you find a place you'd like to stay, write a request message that demonstrates that you've fully read the listing and the House Rules. It helps to say a bit about the purpose of your visit (especially considering the pandemic circumstances). And hosts value enthusiasm - saying something you really love about the listing inspires confidence that you'll be a good fit and leave a 5 star review.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2

@Alexis520 Your age is not displayed to hosts when you make a booking request, and it's generally not something they're going to ask about. But you're going to see more hesitation coming from the fact that you  have a very new and incomplete profile. So before you start trying to book a home, I recommend that you fill out the profile text, add a clear face photo, and complete the ID verification step.

Then, when you find a place you'd like to stay, write a request message that demonstrates that you've fully read the listing and the House Rules. It helps to say a bit about the purpose of your visit (especially considering the pandemic circumstances). And hosts value enthusiasm - saying something you really love about the listing inspires confidence that you'll be a good fit and leave a 5 star review.

Sheron10
Level 2
Silver Spring, MD

I just got a booking from an 18 year old.  She was up front and gave her age.  Not sure the age of the friend.  I liked the honesty.  Although she is legally and adult, I accepted the booking and told her that I will be here at checkin.  That way if I am comfortable with what I see, I can rest assure that all will go well.