Renting

Renting

I am new to ABB and I am looking for a whole house to rent for my girlfriend and I so we can have our own space. I requested to rent one and was turned down because I didn’t meet the guests needs. is that a thing where we have to meet the guest limit to rent out a place?

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Canon3  As a new guest with no reviews, hosts are going to be wary to rent to you, as you haven't even bothered to do a profile write up or upload verified ID. If you do those things and include a nice, informative message to the host when you request a booking, you may find you have better luck. Hosts appreciate communication from a guest that includes some info about why their place appealed to you, why you are travelling to their area, what your intentions are while there ( i.e. are you working online from home, coming to enjoy outdoor activities, etc).

As far as the reason given that you are only 2 guests, which is lower than the max guest count, if the discrepancy is large, it is suspicious to a host. For instance, if you have tried to book a place just for you and your girlfriend that has 3 bedrooms and is listed for up to 6 or 8 guests, a host would wonder why you needed a place that large, and would be wary that you were intending to throw a party or sneak in more people. 

It's also possible that the host used that as an excuse, as you have no reviews and no profile info and possibly didn't accompany your request with an informative message.

Thank you so much for the response. I submitted a verified ID and I will make sure to be very clear on our intentions for our stay.