Renting

Vale12
Level 1
Bourton-on-the-Water, United Kingdom

Renting

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a renting proprieties in Mannheim, Germany.

The landlord is living in the UK and uses Airbnb as support for the administrative part.

I never heard such a service, and I would like to ask some further questions to the community.

Firstly they ask a full month rent just to see the house. Otherwise, the Airbnb agent couldn't  arrange a view. For me it is sound strange, how can I trust a person I never saw and gave quite a bit of money 20 days before the actual view.

What type of rental agreement will be? Does Airbnb has a standard contract or should I request to see the agreement in advance?

Kind regards,

Valentina

3 Replies 3
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

This sounds very much like a familiar scam. Have a read through the link below - but the golden rule is never wire money ever.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/Community-Help-EN/thread-id/...

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Vale12, as a guest on this platform, there are many FAQ type articles that you might find very .  While in your profile, go to the Help Center and enter search terms long term booking.  Meanwhile, Air BNB policies do not support viewing the property before making a reservation.  This is a safety issue for the hosts.  For long term (over 28 days), Air BNB collects the first month at the time of the booking and then collects subsequent months on a monthly basis.

I agree this all does not sound like other long term rental processes but most Air BNB transactions are short term.

Kate157
Level 10
SF, CA

@Vale12 Airbnbdoes not have agents that show guests the property. This smacks of scam, totally.