Replying to text messages

Answered!
Duncan---Janet0
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Replying to text messages

Has anyone experienced my problem -  when I get text alerts re booking enquiries from people I cannot return messages on my mobile as I get ' unfortunately we could not process your response because your number is registered to many accounts'.

What? Why?

Any ideas greatly appreciated. (I don't think I have any weird settings on my phone). 

1 Best Answer
Aimee11
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

I think the initial text comes through via an Airbnb number. You and the guest can only see each others "real" numbers once you have confirmed the booking officially via the Airbnb app/website

View Best Answer in original post

27 Replies 27
Karen77
Level 10
Montrose, CO

Same thing happens to me.  I gave up and reply through the app.  

Yes that's what I've ended up doing but it's kind of annoying when I'm out and I want to respond quickly but can't (especially as I dont have a contract for roaming). I've also realised Airbnb are un-contactable. Clever.

Aimee11
Level 2
Cardiff, United Kingdom

I think the initial text comes through via an Airbnb number. You and the guest can only see each others "real" numbers once you have confirmed the booking officially via the Airbnb app/website
Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

@Duncan---Janet0 It's always best to reply using the Air BNB messaging - which you can access using your phone as well. That way, there is a record of all your correspondence with guests. I've never tried to reply to the texts using the numbers they originate from as they don't look like they line up with the guest's area codes, guess that's why.

Rebecca48
Level 2
Saint-Martin-d'Ardèche, France

I get the same problem. This is an issue for me as when I am not in a Wifi or 3/4g zone, I rely heavily on regular texts. Through Summer when I am on long, remote hikes, I have not been able to respond as quickly as I would have liked as my texts remain undelivered. It was not like this at the start of the year - AirB&B allowed you to respond via text, email or the AirB&B app/site. Did something change??

Absolutely, at last someone has captured the spirit of my original frustration - communication, we are told is the essence of being a strong host so why has the text capability changed because, as you say, earlier this year I could send text messages from my phone from wherever I happened to be so as to respond quickly and not worry about my status dropping. Now I have to wait till I get to a wi-fi zone and in front of my laptop. My concern is where are Airbnb, why is it impossible to contact them about something so important?? Has anyone tried contacting them?

Thanks for that but many people I'm guessing like me don't have phone contracts/roaming networks and cannot use our phones except for text messaging which is why its such an important detail to have lost.

Michael439
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Okay, I see numerous people with this same problem, so what is the solution?

I have been looking like you did Michael and I still can not find an answer to "you mobile is registered to to many accounts"  I only have one account that I know of

Jan131
Level 1
Dunsborough, Australia

I replied to my host's texts via my phone and later in the guest reviews he said the host did not reply to his queries.  So I guess you just have to email rather than text.

When I go to the App I don't see it

I don't see any messages 

Kate233
Level 2
Camden, ME

This is making me crazy.  If I can't respond via text, can I get Airbnb to remove the text option?

Andrea690
Level 1
Galway, Ireland

I live in Ireland and have the EXACT same problem--very frustrating and inconvenient. I called both the US and Ireland customer support numbers, and they can't say exactly why this is happening. Only solution they offer: download the app (which I don't want to do because I don't have enough space on my phone), or use the website. Not very happy 😞