Reporting A Bad Guest

Carrie40
Level 1
Mead, CO

Reporting A Bad Guest

We recently had a guest who booked a room for 2 guests/ one night/one room.  They arrived late via Uber. In the am I discovered that  her guest made himself at home in an additional room that they did not pay for.  When I questioned them about this, they explained to me that they did not understand that they had only rented one room.  At $65 per night, and a very clear discription on my listing, I found this an unexceptable defense.  I politely asked them to figure out what they were going to do to compensate me, I exited the home, and when I returned I found that they had vacated the porperty via foot.  The message that they left in our "on site" guestbook resembled somthing that you would read in an adult version of Alice In Wonderland.

The only positive thing I could possibly leave as a review is that they were clean. I do not want to publish thier bad behavior on my reviews, but I think it is important that Air B&B is aware of this behavior.  After all, I could have had a big problem on my hands if the room was rented to a late check in. Will my pending Superhost status be negativly affected if I do not review this Guest?  Also is there a way to report this guest outside of the public review process?

16 Replies 16
Judith390
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I am a tenant at a 10 unit building where three of the units were transformed to airbnb units. My questions is,  are guests that come to stay have all the priority and all the privilege to smoke pot inside and outside since it's legal here in CA? . I been exposed to smoke and marihuana ever since we started to have guests stay and I  get headaches and nausea. I only  to want to know  if I as a tenants have rights since I live on the premises . Anyways, I don't think that as tenants we have any rights and that hurts. Even If I see something and say something nothing is going to happen. I don't meant to offend anyone but as a tenat I should have the right and freedom to live and breathe in a smoke free just as my neighbors and guest who also just come to stay and relax . It hurts even more because sometimes there are children and infants and there are other guest who don't even care to smoke and spread all the stench throughout the units.  

Joe745
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I am a superhost on Air B&B and have nothing but 5 star reviews, I am writing this to serve as a warning to host's.  This couple was a nightmare and they use the profile name "Peggy, Oak Park, IL"

This woman "Peggy, Oak Park, IL" is a host's worse nightmare. She complained about every little nit picking thing she could find to complain about. She could not find the light switch, I had to show her how to turn on the lights. The AC works fine in my home and is turned on when needed, there is a swimming pool here so no one has every complained they were uncomfortable. The toilet paper is a joke, all she had to do was ask me to get another roll. I can't help it if her and her husband used all the toilet paper and ran out. If she had an issue with the bed she should have cancelled her reservation, I would have been happy to give her a refund. As a matter of fact I actually out of courtesy and kindness issued her a 75 dollar refund out of my pocket , she received one free day and she could not wait to text me asking when she was going to get the refund. I sent her the refund and now I am sorry I did that. I found her husband one morning wandering around my kitchen turning on a very expensive espresso machine without putting any water in the boiler which would have burnt it out, this machine cost almost 1500 dollars and he had no business even touching it without my permission. These people were arrogant and disingenuous. I asked them several times is everything ok I try to make sure my guests have a great stay. Both times they replied all is fine. They even got coffee and fresh croissants in the am. There are truly some people that will complain and take advantage of gracious hospitality no matter what. As far as heavy pressure for a good review I personally could care less what some person with issues writes. Please look at my other reviews. When 100 people say one thing and 1 person says something totally contrary its obvious where the problem lies.