Reporting an indecent incident by an air bnb guest

Rachael24
Level 1
Saint Kilda, Australia

Reporting an indecent incident by an air bnb guest

I'm wondering if any one has any advice on how I can contact air bnb about an incident that happed in my house this past weekend. I am a single female host and had a male guest stay for one night over the weekend. I left the house for a few hours after he checked in and returned late at night. When I went to bed I could smell his strong cologne all over my sheets and bedding! The next morning I had to leave for work early, however he got up and had a chat to me before I left. I didn't feeel safe enough to bring up the issue with him on my own, however before I left for work I arranged my belongings (and bedding) in a particular way to see if anything would be interfered with again. I returned home that afternoon (after my guest had checkout out) and was shocked to find that he had been in my room (and bed) again. He had also left me chocolates, and a air bnb message saying how much he had enjoyed his stay. Absolutely disgusted I responded to his message and called him out on his totally unacceptable behaviour. He respoded by canclling his visit (even though he'd already stayed and left). I've since googled him and discovered that he was criminally charged in 2012 with stalking and forced entry into two womans houses where he rummaged through their property, stripped and ejaculated in their beds. I'm in shock and horrified by the whole situation. Looking back through his reviews, all of the hosts he chooses to stay with are woman. I have no idea if they have had similar experiences and I'm seriously concered for the safety of the next female host he chooses to stay with. Assistance would be greatly apprecaited! 

16 Replies 16

@Rachael24 I am so glad that you got the ball rolling with the police and home security. Have the police come around and look for cameras, etc and also give you some security tips. Stay safe and remember that a lovely guest is just around the corner to erase this trauma.

You need to report this guy to Airbnb and have him blocked from ever booking through Airbnb again.