Request to bring airbed

Answered!
Tommy235
Level 2
Oranmore, Ireland

Request to bring airbed

Hi. We've only been doing Airbnb for a month. It's set up for 2 guests - double bed. No couches etc. Just got an enquiry as follows:

"Hi there just checking would you accept a booking from myself and husband along with our two girls ? We could bring an air bed for them." 

Wouldn't mind accommodating them as things are pretty much booked up where I live (Galway, Ireland).  I've no provision set up for charging extra guests etc. Any advice welcome. Thanks. Tommy

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tommy235  You have a very cute small studio that looks ideal for a single or couple.  Are you sure you want to host families?  It is not uncommon for new hosts to use their 'personal host self' rather than the "professional host self" when responding to requests.  Most of the time that is what is so lovely about the Air BNB home sharing system.  Then comes the damage that can occur more readily when extra guests are allowed, even if there is an extra charge.  These people may be lovely and have well behaved children, but not all do.  Just something to consider.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Tommy235hm,   it was possible to send a special offer with an adjusted price before booking. I am not sure if this option is still possible.

Or you can let them book for 2 and then use the "request or send money" option for 2 more people

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tommy235  You have a very cute small studio that looks ideal for a single or couple.  Are you sure you want to host families?  It is not uncommon for new hosts to use their 'personal host self' rather than the "professional host self" when responding to requests.  Most of the time that is what is so lovely about the Air BNB home sharing system.  Then comes the damage that can occur more readily when extra guests are allowed, even if there is an extra charge.  These people may be lovely and have well behaved children, but not all do.  Just something to consider.

I declined their request in the end. Our space is really just for a couple.  Thanks for the advice.

Sarah327
Level 7
England, United Kingdom

Glad to hear you declined the request!

I would have been surprised if your insurance would have covered you for additional guests due to health and safety, fire risks etc. If in doubt with any future bookings, you can always decline them on this basis. Simply say you would not be covered, nor would your guests.

I also have a small property and my insurance policy states the maximum number of guests covered is three persons. Despite stipulating this in my listing, I still get the odd booking for more than three, so it's an annoying admin exercise, but I'd rather this than have extra people turn up.