Requesting refund as no power and water in the accomodation

Answered!
Timothy151
Level 1
Singapore

Requesting refund as no power and water in the accomodation

I have opened a resolution center case but no one has replied me on this for over a week. I have been trying to find a way to contact Airbnb to help me resolve this situation but I am unable to find any contact details for a support center.  This is very unsettling as I have been trying to settle this issue throughout my trip and still  has not been resolved even as my trip as ened. I am hoping that someone here can help me with this. 

Resolution Center #** Escalated for Reservation2 #** - Updated

We had no power and water on arrival which the owner tried to rectify by calling an electrician. We went for dinner and came back and the house had power. But after 2 hours the power and water went out again and the host did not reply to our texts and calls. And we did not have have any power and water the whole night. It was very hot and was not able to bathe and toilets were not able to flush. It was very uncomfortable in pitch black darkness and also extremely hot. No power meant that there was no WiFi and alarm system to guard the house. We had to drive to near by houses and ask them for WiFi to try and  contact the host. It was too late to find another accommodation and the owner had slept so we had no choice but to stay in the house for the night. No one was able to help us and our basic necessity of water and power was not provided to us. The next day the owner fixed the issue in the morning but the power and water went out after a few hours again. Each time the power went out we had to travel out to find free WiFi to contact the host. We had to wait in the house for the electrician to fix the power and water again and we did not know if we needed to find a new accommodation or if the power would stay on. We lost a full day in our 4 days in Ibiza. The owner was responsive and tried to help as she could but it was still very troubling for our party and our party was very unhappy as we needed to settle this issue instead of enjoying our time on the island. The owner has offered $350 Euro as compensation but we feel that we should be compensated one nights stay as basic amenities of power and water were not available. In your terms of service under the Airbnb Guest Refund Policy, the host is responsible for ensuring that the accommodation meets minimum quality standards of access, adequacy & safety. I have copied the portion of the Airbnb Guest Refund Policy below for your reference. I requested the full one nights stay ($1601.07 SGD) from the owner which we feel is fair for the trouble but the owner has only agreed to pay $350 euro.  I have screenshots of the conversation between the host and I for this whole duration and issue. 

I urge Airbnb to please help with this issue ASAP.

Airbnb Guest Refund Policy 4. Minimum Quality Standards, Host Responsibilities and Reimbursement to Guest

4.1 If you are a Host, you are responsible for ensuring that the Accommodations you list on the Airbnb Platform meet minimum quality standards regarding access, adequacy of the Listing description, safety, cleanliness, and do not present a Guest with Travel Issues. During a Guest’s stay at an Accommodation, Hosts should be available, or make a third-party available, in order to try, in good faith, to resolve any Guest issues.

4.2 If you are a Host, and if (i) Airbnb determines that a Guest has suffered a Travel Issue related to an Accommodation listed by you and (ii) Airbnb either reimburses that Guest (up to their Total Fees) or provides an alternative Accommodation to the Guest, you agree to reimburse Airbnb up to the amount paid by Airbnb within 30 days of Airbnb’s request. If the Guest is relocated to an alternative Accommodation, you also agree to reimburse Airbnb for reasonable additional costs incurred to relocate the Guest. You authorize Airbnb Payments to collect any amounts owed to Airbnb by reducing your Payout or as otherwise permitted pursuant to the Payments Terms.

4.3 As a Host, you understand that the rights of Guests under this Guest Refund Policy will supersede your selected cancellation policy. If you dispute the Travel Issue, you may notify us in writing or via telephone and provide us with information (including photographs or other evidence) disputing the claims regarding the Travel Issue, provided you must have used reasonable and good faith efforts to try to remedy the Travel Issue with the Guest prior to disputing the Travel Issue claim

**[Reservation number hidden - Community Center Guidelines]

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You still have not reached Air BNB staff, @Timothy151.  This is a host/guest discussion forum.  On your reservation you should have received a phone number to call Air BNB.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  Good luck!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You still have not reached Air BNB staff, @Timothy151.  This is a host/guest discussion forum.  On your reservation you should have received a phone number to call Air BNB.  Here is a guide for contacting Air BNB.  Good luck!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728