Requests to Book Received from Agents on Behalf of Others

Answered!

Requests to Book Received from Agents on Behalf of Others

Greetings,

I have received several requests for bookings made by people on behalf of others. For example, a local ballet company has a visiting dancer and the admin person at the ballet company is asking to book on behalf of the dancer. I messaged back that I prefer to book directly with who will be staying at my place.

Has anyone else had this experience and, if so, any guidance you  could offer would be welcome.

Thanks,

Christine
1 Best Answer
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine3190 

3rd party bookings are not allowed.

Exception:

If an organisation owns a business account (airbnb for work), they can book for their employees etc..

You will still see the profile of the guest, only the booking/payment  proces is performed by the company.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1108/signing-your-company-up-to-airbnb-for-work

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Christine3190 

3rd party bookings are not allowed.

Exception:

If an organisation owns a business account (airbnb for work), they can book for their employees etc..

You will still see the profile of the guest, only the booking/payment  proces is performed by the company.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1108/signing-your-company-up-to-airbnb-for-work

Thanks, very helpful!

Christine
Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

@Christine3190, I had a similar experience earlier this month. An int'l  entertainment company  contacted me thru their accountant to book for one of their employees. I wasn't comfortable with the request overall, although I am aware of the airbnb policy re busineses/airbnb at work, as flagged to you by  @Emiel1 .  I contacted airbnb support via private twitter and they kindly helped to have the request withdrawn and the requested dates unblocked in my calendar.

Is it my responsibility to contact Air B&B and have the request withdrawn or can I just decline it?

Christine

@Christine3190  No, you don't have to contact Airbnb to decline. But declines count against you, so the first thing you should do is tell the guest why you can't accept ( in this case because the  person who is staying has to book under their own account) and ask them to withdraw the request. If they don't withdraw it before the 24 hr. window is up, you can either just decline it, or do as Flavia did, telling Airbnb it's a 3rd party booking.

And if it comes in the form of an Inquiry rather than a Request, you never have to decline- just messaging back is all that is required.