Reservation Cancelled

Lisa6337
Level 2
Vaughan, Canada

Reservation Cancelled

I'm not sure if anyone has gone through a similar experience but this was my first time booking an Airbnb. I booked a place and it got confirmed. 10 minutes later, I get a notification saying my reservation had gotten canceled. I contacted the host and he told me that Airbnb canceled it. I got an email from them saying "After a full review, we have determined that we are no longer able to support this reservation." I am very confused and frustrated because it seems like they have flagged my account and blocked me from rebooking another place. My profile is also verified so I'm not sure why Airbnb decided to cancel it.

6 Replies 6
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lisa6337 

There must be a reason Airbnb decides to do so. Only they can answer your question.

Airbnb Help: contact

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Lisa6337 

Perhaps your credit card was declined for some reason?

The credit card companies sometimes freeze your account if you try to buy something they don’t think you would normally buy, but they should notify you promptly if they do that.

Guillermo494
Level 2
Mérida, Mexico

Hi Lisa, your best route is to talk to Airbnb support directly, they don't just block users like that, there is usually a reason.

Have a nice day!

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lisa6337   Airbnb has an algorithm that picks up bookings they consider high risk for parties. Under 25 years old, booking an entire house, on short notice, for only 1 or two nights, and will cancel those bookings.

Did your booking have those factors?

@Sarah977  I thought the same thing... and Lisa has 0 reviews...

@Branka-and-Silvia0  And zero profile write up, nor has a apparently uploaded a phone number or email address.