Reservation glitch

Reservation glitch

Hello all--I have a guest who made a reservation request to stay January 4, 2016 through January 11, 2016. They decided to change their reservation to stay January 5, 2016 through January 11. 2016. I suggested they totally cancel the original reservation and start over. For some reason they app they were using would not let them do this. They say they contacted Airnb who was going to help them fix this. Now their original reservation is not on my calendar--they have no reservation, but still think this will get fixed. They are on their way here tomorrow. I have told them to start over with the reservation process and I can't allow them access until we resolve this. This really creeps me out. How do I proceed?

2 Replies 2
Nancy2
Level 6
Sacramento, CA

You can contact Airbnb yourself by phone and explain what's going on to ensure they are working on it.

Next time something like this happens ask them to amend their reservation or you could.  It's easy enough to do and then you would get a message or they would to confirm/agree to the changes so you'd know exactly what's going on.

For you - under Host click on Reservations and you'll see all your upcoming reservations with the option to Change or Cancel.

I'm sure it will work out...

Mary-Ann0
Level 10
Sun City, AZ

The very same thing happened to me and my guest on the 28th wanting to arrive on the 29th.  And also the app they were using wouldn't let them make a new reservation - this was all after they made the first reservation and then decided not to pay and then make a new one.  The whole thing was very frustrating and worrisome for me because it blocked off my calendar for the dates they decided they didn’t want.  Airbnb help folks did get involved and helped me and my guest straighten it out after I wrote them in a chat and told them that we are having a meltdowns.  They called my guest and then called me after it was fixed so I greatly appreciate that but it was really touch and go, and very stressful for a while.

As it turned my guest arrived on the 29th but after 5 nights decided to leave 2 days early because they said they were sick.  This is my very first guest - is this normal?  Now Airbnb tells me I should offer a refund for the two days.  I will but actually I feel I should charge them more for all that hassle and then leaving early. Am I wrong to feel this way?