Reservation with the same host who cancelled my booking earlier

Faraz9
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

Reservation with the same host who cancelled my booking earlier

Hi fellas, 

I booked a room with sum host & paid the amount instantly.  Later i received a message from the host that she didn't approve my request as the room was already booked for my dates. I was really surprised coz i couldn't have reserved the room if it was already booked. I asked the host to cancel my reservation in that case so that i could get the refund but she's adamant to do that so i cancelled the reservation myself. Now that host is asking me that i can book the room coz it's available now. The previous amount has not been refunded yet. Now what will happen to the payment that i already made for the same booking if i book with the same host again? Should i wait for the amount that has to be refunded or proceed with the booking?

7 Replies 7
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Faraz9

This host is making a mess of things and bringing you into trouble.

You need to contact Airbnb and explain to them what happened:

Contact Airbnb - Community Guide [Updated]

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Faraz9  Eh, this sounds very dodgy.  By no means give the host any more $$, you should call airbnb customer service and ask for their help in straightening things out, and if they cancel for you, you will get your fees refunded as well. 

@Mark116 i ll definitely call them if i didn't get the refund in the next couple of days. Thanks

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Faraz9  Some Airbnb hosts also list their property in other platforms. This host might have the listing in different platforms and got messed up with the dates.

If you really like the property, you may just book it again and wait for the refund of your previous booking. It normally takes a few business days for you to see the refund in your account.

Faraz9
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

@Alice595 Yeah that's true. I really like the property as it's close to the downtown. What m really confused is that if i book with the same host again & make a new payment as well, what will be the status of my previous amount that hasn't been refunded yet? If i wait for the refund i might lose the place & if i book it immediately then i might lose my previous payment. Fingers crossed

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

dear Faraz11- first this host made you do the cancelling even though she's the one who messed up the dates & now wants you to pay again for the listing that's suddenly once again available? You might show up at the listing & find out it's nothing like what it was represented to be or is pure fiction and have a long wait for a refund. Is the host long established with lots of good reviews? There are shady/fake listings out there- the pictures may be enticing & the price & location perfect but if the listing is a scam it won't be a fun time for you. Best of luck, Sally 

@Sally221 u r rite. She created all that mess & now trying to trap me again. Though she claims that she's an experienced host but she hasn't got even a single review yet. If i book with her again i might end up stranded in the middle of nowhere. I better book sum other place. Thank u so much for ur valuable advice. I really appreciate that.