Resolution Center - Compensation Request

Aya4
Level 2
Sydney, Australia

Resolution Center - Compensation Request

Hi,

I have requested a small amount of money from my most recent guest because a pen was missing.

When I raised the resolution ticket, I hadn't heard back from my guest about the missing item.

Now the guest got back via airbnb inbox and informed me that she got it and that she would mail it back, but that was almost a week ago. It's not not arrived yet and my email to her asking to provide a tracking number hasn't been answered for almost 24 hours, so I'm going to involve airbnb but when I click "involve airbnb" will I be able to add more info? Because when I submitted my original request, I wasn't 100% sure if the guest took it home, but airbnb should know the new findings when making their final decision.

Thanks

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Aya4 It’s just a pen, let it go. 

Christian65
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Just because i'm curious here.... Was the pen made out of gold?

What kind of pen is it? There is a thing called being to petty...You shouldnt of coruse disregard people steeling or anything like that but a pen? 😉

In all seriousness I'd give her a month for that pen to arrive back to you. If she has to send it from another country, it will take some time. Usually many post services aren't particularly swift.

If you haven't heard anything from there I'd submit a request via the resolution center - depending on the worth of that pen. It must be a very special pen.

Rene-and-Zac0
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Is ‘pen’ Australian slang for a flat screen television or something very valuable @Aya4 ?

Do you mean an ink pen, that you write with?

Was it a montblanc pen? 

i have an entire drawer full of pens if you really need one.

That honestly might be THE most petty thing I have ever heard of someone doing.

I never understood the whole renting sheets and not supplying toilet paper in Australia but this is taking it to a whole different level. Please check back in and share the resolution of the ‘Big pen Caper’. Now here’s where you justify your position with something equally petty...’ it was my Mum’s pen’....good Lord. 

‘You know it’s hard out here for a host’ 

I hope you will soon find something better to do than leaving no value added comment as well as to improve your reading comprehension. I'm afraid I'm not going to satisfy your curiosity by describing the value of the pen, but obviously it wasn't a cheap, replacable/disposable one.

To anyone who reads this thread in the future, when you involve airbnb, you cannot add any new info. However, you will be assigned a case manager and you can communicate with them directly.

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Aya4

As you have requested a small amount of money, it cannot be that valuable.