Resolution Center Payout Error

Resolution Center Payout Error

We are trying to refund a guest due to cancellation. He opened a ticket in the resolution center and we were going through there. When we go to issue a refund, it says, "We’ll deduct $249 from your next payout and send the money to Alex." Click pay, and it pops up an error every time- "The resolution payer must select a valid payment type." Bank account is set up for a payout method, active and accurate. Any tips on how to get this to go through? 

3 Replies 3
Justas0
Level 2
Vilnius, Lithuania

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it?

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Justas0,

The error message that Kim mentions means that you must set up a payment method as well as your payout method.

I have sometimes refunded more than was due under my cancellation policy. Usually Airbnb deducted the amount from my next payout.

On one occasion they decided that I would have to pay the refund immediately so I had to register a credit card as a payment method and they took the payment from my credit card.

I don't remember the circumstances so can't say when it's deducted from the next payout and when from my credit card.

Steve.

Lynn65
Level 2
Anchorage, AK

I am getting the same message too and SO frustrated.  I've tried to refund no less than 10 times and get the same error!  My payment information is up to date!  This is the 2nd of 2 refunds.  Help!

Lynn