Resolution Center Payout NOT PAYING HOST?!

Lindsay412
Level 2
Lake Havasu City, AZ

Resolution Center Payout NOT PAYING HOST?!

I hosted a guest from July 30th 2021- Aug 1st. The guest brought with them 2 "service dogs" which they tried to hide by putting over the back fence of our home. They left the dogs in the house alone so we had some chewed up baseboards and extensive amounts of fur to be removed from the home (we are a pet free rental due to allergies). After much going back and forth, the renter agreed to pay the money on August 4th 2021. I received an email saying it would be in my transaction history.....it never was and never got the money. 

I called airbnb and have since had at least 5 chat threads and 3 phone calls (to the point of yelling in frustration) with airbnb support and I get the same script each time- we see the renter paid the money so don't worry about that, we don't know why it hasn't been sent to you, there's a  bug in our computer/development system, we've escalated the situation to be researched, we can't tell you if or when that money will be sent to you, sorry.... It's now been over a month and still no money. 

Any other hosts having the same issue? And if so, has it been resolved? How long did you wait for your funds as the host?  What did you need to do to ensure you got the funds?? Thank you for your help!

5 Replies 5
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Lindsay412 This sounds so crummy for you - sorry Lindsay! So my question is did you File a Resolution Claim from the guest as soon as they agreed? 

You say they agreed - was it just in the message they agreed? And did you immediately file the claim? 

Just by them agreeing - they You file and should be receiving the payout on that claim.

I'm most curious how this will turn out - how crazy service dogs, sneaked over a fence and left to chew up a place - this is part of the motivation to never allow animals in our cottage. I have my little pups but I don't travel with them or would I ever lie about them or call them service animals. 

Keep us posted on this craziness. 

Best regards, Clara

Hi Clara, thank you for replying. I've trying to reply back 2 times so far and still more "unexpected errors". Yes the guest agreed to the payment thru the resolution center, not just thru messages/chat. I received the automated email from airbnb that said the payment from the guest was received and I should see it in my transaction history. It has never shown up in my transaction history or my bank account. At this point, they've had the money over a month and have not released it to me 😞 .

As for the service animal- yes it was very stressful, frustrating and disappointing the entire guest stay especially knowing that they were not actual service animals.....

@Lindsay412  this is strange... Airbnb is quite good about payments

Wild guess.. sometimes there is one payment for two reservations at once. So, double-check all transactions

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I had wonderful luck with payouts prior to this incident and they were usually in my account very quickly! This is a first......I wish they had grouped it into another payout. Unfortunately it did not. We have a specific bank account only for airbnb to deposit payments in to so it's very cut and dry easy to follow what's getting deposited so I wouldn't miss it. The next reservation was on the 6th (2 days after authorization from the previous guest to pay) and the only payout I received was for the new reservation.   

@Clara116 Sorry I didn't see I needed to tag you to see the response. Please see my response separate from this message....