Resolution center error... no recourse when Airbnb technology is faulty and costs you money. Cannot trust resolution center.

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

Resolution center error... no recourse when Airbnb technology is faulty and costs you money. Cannot trust resolution center.

I have screen shots showing the following but from past experience I know they will be deleted if I post them: 

1. My resolution center page showing only one $250 payment to a certain guest

2. My payout history showing TWO of the same $250 deductions for the resolution payout to that same guest

3. Customer service telling me yes it is true your resolution center page shows it once but please check your payout history and you will see you paid it twice. Buh-Bye. 

.... OBVIOUSLY the payout history showing the double deduction is why I contacted customer service. That was the problem. So the  CS response noting that the problem is actually also the very answer to my question is enough to send anyone to an asylum

In this case the guest actually acknowledged she received the agreed upon 250 payment twice. So at least I know where my money went.

My resolution center page shows every payment in and out that has gone through that system for months. And it shows ONE single payment of $250 to this guest. I tried sending this payment once and was shown an error which said your payment has not been sent. So the next day I tried it again and it succeeded.

It only shows once on resolution center payments in/out list it was only due to the payout double deduction that it came to my attention. 

If anyone is curious (as if it matters) the payment was an inconvenience fee due to a repair and inspection occurring during a one month stay, a 3 thousand dollar stay. 

ALSO, in recent months the reso center has offered only to charge my personal credit card which Airbnb has from when I used it as a guest. Instead of taking the money from payouts. This is a new and weird thing this year. It is not consistent. Something is not right. I would say one out of 4 times it offers to do the previously normal method of taking it out of a next payout but 3/4 of the time it offers only the credit cards I had uploaded over years of booking a few times as a guest. Super weird. Especially because I have payouts virtually daily from Airbnb so there is no lack of future funds to deduct from. Charging my personal credit card is inappropriate and the random nature of that being my only option is very curious. 

I hope others will post issues here as we are always told to solve our own problems using "Resolution Center" i.e. do not bother the service agents with our questions. I was even told that I should ask the guest who got double paid her $250 we agreed upon, to send it back voluntarily which did not surprise me. Hope she does. But most would not. And the lack of care that the system malfunctioned is appalling. 

2 Replies 2
Patti-And-Marty0
Level 10
East Fremantle, Australia

Wow Mary, that is terrible service from Airbnb (if you can call it that). Have they actually charged your credit card in the resolution center, it's not clear from what you said (offered to).  I've always wondered if they could or would do that.

Mary419
Level 10
Savannah, GA

All the times that I have tried to send a guest money and been offered only my credit card as the payment source, I have backed out of the system and asked customer support to send the money for me out of payouts. 

Each time, the agent tells me "next time use the resolution center" and sends me an instruction link LOL and nobody has ever explained why sometimes the personal credit cards are my only payment source options. 

In the case of the double debit though, this one never offered to charge my card. For this one (about ten days ago) it worked normally taking it from my upcoming payouts. The only abnormal part was it took it twice with only ONE confirmation shown on Reso center page.