Resolution center

Per-and-Åsa0
Level 2
Ferragudo, Portugal

Resolution center

Airbnb resolution center seems to have a major overload. I have reported a guest to Airbnb for violating the local law, the house rules, and the Airbnb Party and Events Policy. I have also requested compensation for damages. That was 44 days ago.  I have provided all information they require.

Still no resolution from Airbnb. I have had several contacts and they all refer to the resolution managers that do nothing. There have been three different resolution managers assign to the case. Still no progress.

What can I do except continue to call and mail ?

3 Replies 3

@Per-and-Åsa0   Unfortunately, what you describe seems to be par for the course.

When we do hear about swiftly resolved, successful claims, they tend to be ones that are simple and straightforward, distilled down to the most obvious and irrefutable elements of pure physical damage. If the claim process gets entangled with other complaints such as legal violations or excess cleaning, the odds of it being settled quickly drop off a cliff. Adding to that, when an otherwise-reputable guest has a radically different account of the events that at least appears to be credible, they tend to get the benefit of the doubt.

If you read between the lines a bit on Airbnb's party/events policy, it's less punishing to the guests who throw them than to the hosts who found themselves unable to prevent them.

Brian2128
Level 1
Fall City, WA

Im in the same boat. I had a guest damage the property ( over $5000 ) and the resolution center sounds like crickets. Rosa the lady I was working with up and told me she was out for a week so I asked to be transferred to another representative. It's been silence since then. Ive even got back to messaging the help center and I get nothing but an automated response thanking me for being a host. Meanwhile I cant host the property. Hell I even have security footage of the guest damaging the property, extra guests, smoking/drugs, and so on.  Help center / resolution center don't seem to be the correct terms to describe the departments? Come on airbnb. I would have expected better. 

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Brian2128 

It sounds like it’s time to file in small-claims court.

It’s easy to do and very inexpensive.

According to hosts who have done it, Airbnb won’t bother to respond or appear, so you just go to court when scheduled, show the judge your evidence, and win by default.

When presented with the judgment Airbnb has paid in full without further comment.

Whether or not that puts you on their hate list I don’t know, but it appears to me that if you are a host with a complaint, you are already on that list.