Resolutions center

Armen1751
Level 2
Texas, United States

Resolutions center

Unfortunately, the resolution center is too flawed and too catered to the guest i had a guest who was just absolutely disrespectful to my property broken decor, left the room an absolute mess, not only that but I had to repaint an entire wall due to the fact they stained it ?!  I filed a claim with them 3 weeks ago I even received a bad review because the next guest who came the same day actually noticed that there was just a massive stain on the wall things like this are very unfair to the host due to the fact we could not repaint an entire wall within the 2 hour period we had to clean the Unit. Not only did all of these things happen but on top of that my resolution manager actually has not responded in nearly 2 weeks, I keep receiving emails saying I've been called I checked all 3 numbers on my account not a single one has a phone call from Airbnb i didn't receive an email through the app, nor did I receive an email regarding my claim i got one from a case manager saying they needed my phone number to contact me and nothing else and AFTER that I received the bad review I called Airbnb and they said there was nothing that could be done about the review and they constantly told me I had received some sort of contact for my claim which is a complete and utter lie I need to find a way to speak to a higher supervisor of some sort because this sort of issue makes me think is Airbnb really going to protect their hosts if anything like this happens again? 

16 Replies 16
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Armen1751 

The review from the guest is not "bad", just addressing the issue as you mention it. And your comment on it is OK. But i noticed another incident regarding "cleaning" recently happended with another guest.

Did you make a claim also regarding this incident ?

Claims filed to guests and/or Airbnb always take some time and if ticket is still open you just need to wait....

We had some nice guests staying when our water heater broke.  We "sent" them $50 via Airbnb to treat them to dinner to apologize.

It has been deducted from our account, but they haven't seen it yet.  What should they expect?

I thought it made sense to do it through AirBnb but maybe I should have used another venue like PayPal...

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Armen1751  There is nothing bad about the review the next guest left. They just stated what happened, and the review is actually good. I would have left a much shorter response myself. Long responses just unnecessarily call attention to a review.

Keith603
Level 2
Austin, TX

I am with you, not sure how to fix this this though. Airbnb needs to get more with hosts and make it easier like VRBO to apply deposit towards items that need repair or pet damage as I am going thru. Guests have an easy way out.....AIRBNB fix this NOW!!!!

@airbnb @Brian 

@ @Reservation I'd: HMT5HRMWE

This guest had booked my place and they were partying there.they were creating alot of issues and I had to call airbnb team to tell the guest to move out.i told the customer support team to cancel the booking and refund the guest as I dont wanted a issues happen .once the reservation was canceled the guest checked out. Where in later I discovered my tv was not work and there was a short circuit hence due to which the mother board of the tv got spoiled .I have already send all the documents and been awaiting for the update since a very long time but still I haven't received any response

Lee-and-Rachel0
Level 2
San Mateo, CA

My experience is the Airbnb "Resolution Center" is mostly useless to the hosts - aside from adding frustration. They had made the issues reporting extremely difficult for host. The requirement to host was completely unreasonable. I just had a case where guests broke the rules by bringing pets. I've provided the photo, extra cleaning expense. But airbnb "decisions" was that "guest won't respond", "cleaning invoice doesn't have a letter head with cleaning company name". The cleaner is a small business that doesn't have a fancy billing system. Airbnb is not protecting hosts is the only conclusion. Airbnb must fix this!!! How do we hosts put more pressure on Airbnb to supporter the hosts?

@Lee-and-Rachel0 the cleaning company coukd easily make a quick letterhead on Word for you with their name address phone etc and draw up a bill for you.  I am a secretary and have a business CC and when I deal with places like that I nicely but forcefully tell them per my accounting dept I HAVE TO HAVE a receipt with ALL their business info on it.  Even if it's hand written in which case I have the person sign and date it.  Good luck.

Kellie104
Level 4
Leslie, MI

@Armen1751 I would send a letter and state all that in it.  Send it certified mail with a signature so u know it was received and make sure you are keeping track if dates, times,  and names of when you contacted and who talked to.  You have to let them know u mean business.  Maybe hosts should start canceling their accts with abnb when these kinds of things happen.

The resolution centre is an absolute joke,

guest has admitted to damage via message thread, but refuses to pay.

I have submitted all the evidence required, 

I receive emails from Airbnb chasing me for information I have already submitted but when I reply I get no response.

have emailed and called daily only to be told that I can’t speak to anyone directly, that my case has been escalated, and a new one on me, now re escalated, what ever that means. promised multiple times I will receive some sort of contact. Still no response from anyone,

And  no way of making a complaint.

3 properties on air bnb with a fourth due to go live soon,

I think its time I give my hundreds of pounds a week in service charges to another advertising platform.

waste of time

im trying to sort out an issue regarding damage to my property and im getting nowhere

why dont they just allow us to take damage deposits like other advertising channels do

Abbie65
Level 2
Dublin, Ireland

Same here, wondering if there’s a way that Host can escalate Resolution Centere Case to the Airbnb support Agent’s manager or higher level?

I had a guest who breached the house rule- brought unauthorised guest and held party till late 2/3am. We received the complaint from neibourgh and had to go to the apartment to informed this group in the midnight as they don’t reply the message! The guest refused to pay extra fee of violating the agreement which been clearly mentioned in the text before she booking. 

We informed Airbnb support on the night immediately. After providing all the requirements (Hallway CCTV, dirtiness of the house) to Airbnb support Agent, the agent stated - there’s indeed have extra unauthorised guests and then straight away close the case.

I have to reopen the case few times but same agent repeatedly close the case with no further response to my questions. The fourth time then this agent refer to another person and no one reply anymore for at least 2 months now. 

I had great experiences with all the Airbnb support Agents and do appreciate the amount of work that do. However, it is very disappointed on this particular case. What can I do for this type of neglecting attitude?

John4704
Level 3
Winter Park, FL

The Resolutions Center and 'AirCover' is a farce, a phony insurance set-up--it DOES NOT protect the Hosts. [I am a lawyer and Super Host for 5 yrs.]   A recent Airbnb guest (4 guests booked-- and 14 rowdy guests in attendance)  trashed our home with an all-night party, disturbing our neighbors with loud music & alcohol & cars , and causing $850 damages plus extra cleaning.   I called Airbnb the first 'morning after' and wanted to cancel--but Airbnb Rep 'advised against canceling".    I was offered repeated assurances by Airbnb Support that I would be protected & reimbursed by filing a claim with Airbnb Resolutions Center.  And I did that--just as they requested.  I sent photos and a receipts from our Host/Manager for various damages.  All of this took multiple messages, phone calls,  and  every Rep. gave re-assurances that Airbnb would take care of everything. A month later I receive a response the Claim is DENIED.   What a joke...and disappointment!   If you think you are 'protected by Airbnb' with compensation for damages, think again.  They are trained to offer plenty of apologies ("I am so sorry you had this experience) but forget any compensation from Airbnb.   I thought Airbnb had our back--but now I think I am going to quit Airbnb.   Hosts are flying naked without backup.     PS:  I sent a  "Request for money" to the guest for 10 'extra guests'  staying, and the Guest messaged back (while at the party) that an Airbnb Rep told him he could "pay charges only if he wanted to".  not required".