Responding to inquires

Beth23
Level 4
SF, CA

Responding to inquires

I'm confused about responding to inquires and have been told different things by airbnb support. A few years ago I was told that you have to accept or decline within 24 hours (not just respond with a conversation) or the response rate would be affected. They said to decline if I wasn't ready to accept but let them know to keep the conversation going and re-submit if they wanted to. I've been doing that and it seems like a crazy system because it's just an inquiry not a request. I called today to see if I've got it right and he sent me an article. It appears as though any response is fine, accept, decline or just repsond but I'm still not sure. 

Any insights?

Thanks,

Beth in San Francisco

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Beth23,

I wrote a Help Guide on the difference between an "inquiry" and a "request".  Here is is: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Reservation-Inquiry-or-Request-What-s-the-Difference-A-C...

I would appreciate it if you could provide the article that you were provided.  Please just paste the url in this message thread.

Thanks

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host