Responding to private feedback

Jeanette94
Level 2
Pāhoa, HI

Responding to private feedback

I received private feedback from a guest that was quite helpful.  My response went public.  Then I realized that my guest had left a much nicer public review that deserved a different type of feedback.  How do I respond to these two separate areas and how can I edit my responses to either?

15 Replies 15
Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

I don't think you can edit your public response. You can try contacting ABB and tell them it was a confusion. 

I think you've already realized now but next time you can reply to private feedback sending a private message (same you do to communicate with guests). This is a mistake that lots of new host make (yup, happened to us as well). Public replies can be used to thank guests or address negative reviews as a way to improve. 

Thank you. I didn't see any option to reply in a particular way, nor was her public review visible.  So I thought the one I was looking at was the public review and responded to it the best I could.  I appreciate your response.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Happens often @Jeanette94. I did get it changed by also including (sending) the one I intended, and by the content the CS person was able see clearly the mistake. Good luck.

Thanks for the response Fred.  I'm still confused about how to send a private message.  I'm not sure where that option is located.

I too am searching for a way to privately respond to guest feedback ~ can't find it. I know option is available (as I'd seen it before) ~ just can't find how to get to this option? Any suggestions? 

Jason665
Level 1
St. Louis, MO

Hi.  I'm also wondering how to respond to private feedback from a guest.

Jason, The only way I know to respond to private feedback is to write a message to the guest on the board you used to communicate with them. I have never seen any other options.

Paul1105
Level 7
Cleveland, OH

@Jeanette94 I've read through all of your reviews and responses. Nothing you wrote in any of your responses would turn anyone away. You seem like a conscientious, thoughtful, and kind host that wants the best possible experience for her guests. You and your family seem very charming. Real and authentic. The people that want a cookie-cutter experience are going to stay at the Marriott anyway so don't worry about this at all. 

Also, as time goes on the review you want to change will be buried so far back, no one will see it. 

Paul1105
Level 7
Cleveland, OH

Regarding communication with guests after their stay, just add them as a contact in your phone after they book and before they check out. During that time, their phone number is visible in the details section of the guest. An email address as well. 

Jose851
Level 2
Washington, DC

Boosting the signal: you can't and that's a major oversight by airbnb. 

I do the same as others noted here - I just view the message when I get it in email, then go to the old message string in the app and respond there. I often summarize what I'm responding to (and thank them for their private input). 

I cannot imagine why airbnb doesn't provide this obvious option. 

Julie3640
Level 1
Seaford, United Kingdom

Can Airbnb make it more obvious in responding to guests private feedback. Such as reply!!!!! 

yes!! being able to respond directly to private feedback would be very helpful!! @Airbnb can we make this happen?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amber682 just send the guest a message on the messaging system.

I did. 🙂 And of course the guest would know what I'm responding to, but it would make more sense to respond directly to their feedback as opposed to jumping back in to a different conversation to respond. Just seems like an easy "better experience" 🙂