Response Rate keeps decreasing

Wayne61
Level 2
Philippines

Response Rate keeps decreasing

Hi, hope someone can enlighten me about the response rate. I have been replying to my messages, so far I only have 2 messages that are tagged as Late or No Response (which I can't seem to get rid of). One is a May inquiry and the other is a December inquiry.

So we started renting out again this November and my response rate was at 100% and I was now a Superhost, then day by day it keeps decreasing. From 100% it became 96% then now it's 94%, but I was sure to reply to all messages. In fact, the messages tagged as Late or No response is still those 2 which we started with.

I tried reaching out to Support and they just keep telling me that it was system calculated and it was my fault, that I should reply to all the messages (wow). Claiming that those two unanswered messages was impacting my response rate. However, daily I've been responding to more messages so if anything shouldn't my response rate even go higher? At this rate, I'm worried my response rate will go below 90% and lose my superhost status.

Any ideas?

68 Replies 68

The rating I see on the established listing is 4.83 and the new listing, which I guess hasn't had any guests yet, has no rating, naturally. I wouldn't lose sleep over it- enough hosts have reported that it's happening to them, too, and Airbnb seems to have acknowledged the glitch, that they'll get it straightened out eventually, hopefully before they use the faulty stats for the Jan.1 Superhost assessment!

@Mark-and-Gabriela0

Since Thursday I have the same issue or even worse!!!!

i respond right away all messages and in one listing since Thursday  dropped from 100 to 88% and other my 2 days old ... brand new listing has only 17%!!!!!! Help

contacted airbnb they recognized the glitch ... but NOT FIXING YET!

i have issues with the rating and views as well!!

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Wayne61 @Colleen253 @Sarah977 @Mike-And-Jane0 @Nanxing0 @Lynell0 @Mark116 @Mark-and-Gabriela0 

Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for flagging the issue! I'm really sorry for those who are experiencing it.

We have checked with the tech team and they confirmed they had identified this bug and are currently working on finding a solution.

In the meantime, the best thing to do is to contact Support, as they'll be able to track the issue and help identify whether your case is bug related or due to something else.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns.

I hope this helps,

Liv

Anyone knows when is going to be fix, my response rate went down to 14%. I started to get nervous because Airbnb opened a case but they told me they have to close it to send it to another department. They closed it when it is not resolved yet. HELP

Jay1488
Level 2
St Paul, MN

Glad I found this thread. I'm having the same issue. I've responded to every inquiry timely except one marked as potential spam by airbnb. With their guidance I marked as spam and my response rate went for 100 to 80. I got on the chat, was told I should have responded to the spammer,  and "chin up" keep doing what you're doing! LOL, I thought my head was going to explode

Yeah, it's really stupid that response rate would go down if you don't message back a scammer you've reported, but quite aside from this current glitch, you actually do need to message back ("No", "You've been reported, scammer", whatever) or they will ding your response rate.  If a CS rep tells you differently, don't believe them.

@Jay1488

Reniel-Justin0
Level 2
Las Pinas, Philippines

I have the same issue as well. Recently started an Airbnb business and aiming for the Superhost status this coming January. However, I noticed that my response rate dropped below 90% already. I answered all my inquiries within 12 hours and never missed one. However, when I check my listing page, my response rate is 100% which is inconsistent with what my dashboard is saying. 

Luana167
Level 2
Itacaré, Brazil

Mine still going down, on my listing i have 100% response rate. But on my private host page its at 88%.

Any updates on whats going with this?

Thanks!

I’m at 81% now .... in a week The system put me down 19%

So have they figured out the fix yet? I’m having the exact same issue everyone is mentioning. I’m down to 86% and I’ve responded to all messages within 24 hours. I was at 91% last night before I went to bed and woke up to 86% with no new requests or inquires not responded to. I was hoping to get Airbnb plus status in January but now it’s in jeopardy because of this glitch. 😭

Waleed28
Level 2
Islamabad, Pakistan

I m having the same issue. From 100% to 90% in 10 days. I talk to support and they told me its kind of a bug and they are working on it. Superhost should not get worry as this wont affect there superhost status. 😊

Khanu

Hello all,

i have been checking not only Response Rate is off, booking nights,  unbooked nights are off too. They have created a NEW pending messages .... where the messages there nothing is pending ...

8005BA7A-965C-40B5-8AC0-4AC2ECB0009C.png

 January I have only 10 nights of 60 unbooked and the numbers are totally off

I meant i have only 10 nights unbooked of 60 nights ..

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Wayne61@Mark-and-Gabriela0@Waleed28@Crissy16@Luana167@Jay1488@Reniel-Justin0@Mark116@Lynell0@Nanxing0 

Thanks so much for your patience on this and for flagging this is happening.

Further to @Liv 's update earlier in the week, I just wanted to update you again. Our team is continuing to work on this issue. In the meantime, this will not be affecting your listing or Superhost status. 

I'm continuing to follow this closely, so once we hear more and when it's resolved I'll let you know. I'm hopeful this will be soon. 

Thank you and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lizzie

(FYI - @Sarah977@Colleen253@Mike-And-Jane0)

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.