Response rates seem to be off

Response rates seem to be off

Hi everyone,

My profile lists my response rate at 70% but my response time as "within the day".

How is that possible? I've also only ever been responded between 24 and 48 hours a couple of times (out of almost 20 enquiries).

Any pointers?

Many thanks in advance.

Best,

Steph

PS: The link for my place is https://www.airbnb.com.sg/rooms/10910224

1 Reply 1
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Stéphanie-and-Thomas0,

Do you completely understand the difference between a "reservation inquiry" and a "reservation request"?  I only ask as i do not know your expertise on the Airbnb platform and I do not want to offend you. 

INQUIRY: If you receive an inquiry, all you have to do is respond through the messaging system once within the 24 hours and your response rate will not be affected.

REQUEST: If yo receive a request, you MUST either "approve" or "decline" the reservation within 24 hours or your response rating will be affected.  If the guest is taking too long to respond, you will need to approve or decline.  If I am in this situation and my questions have not been answered satisfactorily, I will decline and ask then to submit a new request to start the clock over.   It does take some educating of the guest thought.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host