Restricted account

Restricted account

Hello -

I reported a guest and Airbnb restricted my account. I've called Community Help and it is in the Safety and Security team however; I have not receive not one reply. I've sent all of the required information and became a super host in April with NO complaints or bad reviews.  Have anyone else experienced, this issue after reporting a guest? 

FYI-  the account has been upgraded to highest level each time I've called for a simple update.  I've emailed and it seems as if my emails and calls are in the black hole of no return. 

6 Replies 6
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Daphne160I am sorry it happened to you. I see you have 5.0 * rating from your guests.

Unfortunately, you are not the only one, Every single day some super host posts about it being suspended or delisted and not given any explanation why. It may be your guest reported you and your listing for some safety issues which can be anything from inside safety cameras to entering his room, even without any evidence of it. Hosts are guilty until proven otherwise...  if they get a chance to prove anything.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Thanks for your response. It is really frustrating.  I reported a guest for misrepresenting his stay. He said he was reserving for his brother's groom party for a wedding in the area however; it was 16 college students in my house that did not attend a wedding in which I have video from an outside camera of them plotting on a location so I can send flowers. I don't have hidden interior cameras and all of my security cameras are on the exterior.  When my guest are on the premises I allow them full access except for the garage. Host are evaluated on a high scale however; in return we do not receive the same treatment when we report someone. Delisting or suspension of host should NEVER occur without proof.  

I have more than 120 positive reviews but I had a guest who has continued to report safety issues because she wants to get out of our cancelation policy. She was non communicative and wouldn't meet with me or look me in the eye. 

We have no safety issues and Air Bnb treats us like some kind of criminals and won't tell us what we are accused of. One top of that we have been Superhosts for three years or more.

I thought people were innocent until proven guilty but even though we have amazing reviews and status they will not tell us what is going on. 

I always loved this service before this but I am disgusted. This is no way to treat an amazing client. 

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Daphne160 , I'm so sorry to hear about this.

I've sent it over to the team now, they'll be in touch with you soon. If I get any updates on this in the meantime, I'll let you know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

@Sybe Thank you.  

Hello Daphne,

Same thing has happened to me right now. I reported a guest who brought two more people in my apartment without telling me.

And my account has been restricted fo 4 days now.

How did you solve this problem?