Rev

Kathleen710
Level 5
Decatur, GA

Rev

I just had a guest leave my house. They were very active at night between 12-5am.  They were in the backyard speaking about there’s the blunt.

when I went in my house after they left there was a glass pipe with plastic and burn residue on it.  I’m not exactly sure what to write in the review because I do not want any retaliation. Any suggestions??

9 Replies 9
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Kathleen710 As any mention of drug use can get a review removed by Airbnb, I would keep it simple: something like "I would not host this guest again" should get the message across. 

I'm curious about why you fear retaliation. Were these people local? If so, that's definitely a red flag for the booking. 

Thank you so much for the response.  Yes they are local.

She wrote that they were waiting for their new house to be built!!! I’ve had local guests contact about repairs on their houses or work to be done on their house that contacted me before.

@Kathleen710 Yeah, that's definitely a reason I woul consider taking a local guest: I've also taken locals when they're having renos done, etc. 

Did they have any other reviews? They probably know what to say to hosts to get their reservations accepted if this is something they do regularly. 

@Kathleen710 Definitely don't mention drug use if you want the review to stick. If the guests' evening activities were in violation of your stated House Rules (quiet hours, etc), that's one point you could be more explicit on. 

Thank you, Andrew!!

Victoria110
Level 5
Oakland, CA

I know this was a couple of years ago but it’s upsetting to know as a person who hosts in my own home  that a host would not care to warn others of a guest’s drug use. If not reflected in the review it could've at least been reported to Airbnb privately. 

If you mention drugs use Airbnb would take the review off, so I had no choice to mention the fact that there was a lot of late night activity and that I would not host them again. Airbnb was also notified of it.

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Kathleen710 this would seem to be a breech but mentioning drugs will have your review removed so something along the lines of , ' our rules forbid smoking of all kinds both in the house and on the property' . We also expect all guests to 'respect our neighbours ' and therefore follow 'reasonable curfews'. If you have no mention about quiet times maybe add one . Hosts can read between the lines and mark , "will not host again' Kathleen..  H