Revenge Review - Not

Answered!
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

Revenge Review - Not

A recent guest brought a dog who evidently slept on the bed with muddy paws or worse and stained the cover so badly it had to be sent to the dry cleaners.  And there was dog hair everywhere, even drifting on the porch, creating extra cleaning for my housekeeper.  Of course this happened the ONE time my housekeeper couldn't go in to clean immediately, because they checked out on Mother's Day. 

She stopped by to make sure the garbage was handled and told me all was okay, so I gave a good review (although only 4 stars for communication, because she either didn't answer messages or got everything wrong).  After reviewing her, I found out about the issues, so I put in a $50 resolution and thought she would either not review or would leave a revenge review.  And I certainly didn't expect her to pay.

Imagine my surprise today when I got the $50 plus a 5-star review.  

You never know with people!

(PS:  Posting fail - did not mean to put this in "Help" lol, but I can't change it :))

1 Best Answer
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Ann72 Some people just "get it." They knew the dog had muddied the linens. They certainly know that the dog sheds since that is not location specific. Good for them for being mensches and doing the right thing.

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Ann72 Some people just "get it." They knew the dog had muddied the linens. They certainly know that the dog sheds since that is not location specific. Good for them for being mensches and doing the right thing.

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

@Ann72 I love that this worked out so smoothly for you. These guests make us hosts feel that there are indeed some good people in the world. 

@Susan151 Thanks for the new word in my vocabulary..."mensches"...just looked it up. 

Cheers.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Where is your listing, @Ann72 ?  I cannot see it on your profile.  😛

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Lyn3 It’s so great that an American can add to an Aussie’s rich and varied vocabulary 🙂

@Linda108 I’ve seen some on these forums mention the disappearance of listings from profiles, but I can still see everyone’s - wonder what the issue is!  Here’s a link to mine (I hope!):  https://www.airbnb.com/users/show/27740975

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Ann72

Yes...  It is not true that a bad guest or some guest that we charge will always posts a bad review.

I have had a similar case... I will post about it soon! 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ann72  A refreshing read. Hopefully there's many cases like this- hosts tend to post only about problems with guests, not come here to share the good stories.

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Ann72 @J-Renato0 @Linda108 @Lyn3 @Susan151 

@Ann72, Why shouldn't the guest have given you a good review?

There are many very understanding dog owners, and minders, who are Guests and in society in general who go out of there way to right unfortunate incidents like that, even when their dogs knowingly push boundaries with innocence....

As an aside, how many of you dog lovers out there are doing your bit to ensure Dogs are allowed on public transport?

Not my dog but tell a Bus Driver if they ask, "Is it  a Guide Dog?" to which you may like to answer, "Yes she Guides me everywhere" and you may get lucky like we did and have a ride on the bus!

All the best, Central to All Home & Location

On the bus...On the bus...

Ahh it's so nice to make oneself at home in a Host's bed when one is ONLY a visitor!Ahh it's so nice to make oneself at home in a Host's bed when one is ONLY a visitor!

Sarah_Matthew0
Level 5
Whitstable, United Kingdom

@Helen427 What a cute pup! I guess we are lucky in the UK dogs are allowed on buses and trains as long as they don’t sit on the seats!

@Sarah_Matthew0that cute pup has had a head rub from The Duke of Sussex, as in Prince Harry!

Her owner & I had a long running bet she would get one & guess who won that one?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Sarah_Matthew0 and @Helen427 

It's the one and only enjoyable element of my commute to work from Hemel Hempstead - dogs on the trains, dogs on the buses... we even have dogs in the office!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie @Ann72 @Charanjit0 @Frank698 @Carmen889 @Sarah_Matthew0@Kira32 

It's great to have Pets in general in so many places.

New Zealand lags behind with Pets on buses, trains and in the office, however it's coming up to the 21st Birthday for Pets at Work - near the end of June so let's all get on board worldwide & Party with Pets in Public Places!!

Stephanie, I looked online to read about Hemel Hempstead, it looks like an interesting place to visit.

@Helen427  I'm a dog owner myself, but I'm not sure why you think dogs should be allowed on public transport and other public places. Many people have severe allergies to dogs and cats. Some people have been bitten and are afraid of them. Just because we love our pets doesn't mean other people should have to put up with them in an enclosed space.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

In the case of the dogs in the office, we have strict policies in place. All stay are wlecome to share the health requirements and fears before pup is allowed to come into the office. I can only speak for myself but if some spoke up about allergies/fears on the underground, I'd disembark and board the next one - they do come about every 3 minutes, mind you!

Incidently, my hubbie is very allergic to pet hair, bless him, but doses up on his anti-hystemines.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

@Stephanie  I'm not sure if it's the same with dog hair, but I read something interesting about cat allergies. It isn't the fur that people are allergic to, it's cat saliva- and since cats are constantly licking themselves, it's all over their fur.