Revenge Reviews

Diane591
Level 2
Lambton Shores, Canada

Revenge Reviews

@Catherine-Powell 

I am still upset about a revenge review that was allowed to stand; the guest was very intelligent and knew just how to word his review so that it would be accepted. We had a very difficult time getting bookings after that review which came at a very crucial point due to Covid. If any of the "help center" people would have fairly looked at our past reviews and or the fact that I reported the guest during his stay, I am certain the review should have been removed.

I find it terribly unfair that a guest is able to break house rules (which were agreed to AND a contract signed) and still be able to leave a harmful review out of revenge. Not a correct way to treat a "partner". Thoughts please?

33 Replies 33

@Colleen253  Under authorship rules, you can indeed have any review you have written removed.  When you ask for this, CS does it without question.

@Ann72  "CS does it without question". That's not true in my experience. And currently, getting ANY CS to make a decision that requires action on their part is even harder than it's ever been.

Oh no @Colleen253 I didn't realize!  That's too bad!

Allie179
Level 5
London, United Kingdom

AirBnB needs to create a new policy for how to handle REVENGE REVIEWS. My only 2 bad reviews have come from guests who retaliated after I have filed a claim for damages. I did post a reply to the revenge reviews, but that does not make up for the reviews dropping my rating from 4.89 to 4.73 and causing me to lose super host status! I have finally recovered my rating to 4.8 and just yesterday had a guest that left with nearly $3k in damages. Since I know AirBnB won't protect me from a revenge review, I'm now forced with the decision between submitting the claim immediately and risking my rating and future super host status or taking my property offline for 14 days and waiting until after the rating period to submit my claim. Being forced to take my listing offline for 2 weeks in order to submit a claim is a loss of revenue for myself AND for AirBnB. There needs to be a policy that offers protections for hosts against retaliation reviews!