Review And Air Bnb Content Policy

Susan612
Level 8
United States

Review And Air Bnb Content Policy

Air Bnb content policy states “we reserve the right to remove any content, whole or part, that violates these guidelines or our terms of service. (Click in terms of service and you are taken to the terms of service).

Terms of service section 10 gives guidelines for reviews. Section 10.2 in fact states a review “must be fair, truthful and factual.” As well as not contain any offensive or defamatory language. 

In discussing the content policy’s reference to the terms of service with a case manager supervisor I was told by that supervisor;

“Customer service evaluates reviews alongside the content policy alone.”

After a couple email exchanges where I felt like my questions asking about the terms of service being mentioned in the content policy were not being answered directly I simplified my question.

I asked the supervisor flat out

1. When reviewing a review as per the content policy does your team consider whether the review violates section 10.2 in the terms of service. Yes or No? 

2. If a review is not fair, truthful or factual or contains offensive or defamatory language will that review be removed Yes or No. 

Her answer was “I apologize but I am unable to follow you down this line of questioning.”

You all are hosts vulnerable to a guest leaving a review that is not fair, factual or truthful. 

Would anyone be willing to address this matter further and see if you get a more affirmative answer that the terms of service section 10 will be enforced if violated? 

l

0 Replies 0