Review Window Time Frame

Kyle476
Level 3
Poland, OH

Review Window Time Frame

Hello,

I’m writing regarding a reservation at my home where the guest accidentally missed the review window and sent the review to me on my personal chat with the guest. I was hoping that the review could be added to my profile by Airbnb as I am trying to build up my hosting clientele and the guest had a positive experience but was unfamiliar with the review process and was traveling extensively for work and was unable to complete the review during the window given. I do feel the guest has the right to share their views and especially with this current pandemic many are stressed and overwhelmed and not thinking about review timeframes while they are just trying to stay  healthy and employed. Please see the screen shot of the guests review. I would be so very happy if this could be added to my profile. The airbnb support team has really not helped and they referred me here. 

**Personal information hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly for your own privacy

5 Replies 5
Kyle476
Level 3
Poland, OH

 this was my guests response and review. However it’s not public and on the airbnb messenger. 

**Personal information hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to share any personal details publicly for your own privacy

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kyle476  I can't imagine why CS told you to post this issue here- nothing wrong with doing so, but no other host can assist with getting this moved onto your review page.

I've read of this happening before, but I don't think there's anything you can do about it. It's so unfortunate when a guest wants to praise your place but misses the review window or thinks they're posting a public review, when they're sending you a personal message. 

In the future, you might send a reminder to guests you feel will leave a good review when there's only a couple days left to review. They get Airbnb reminders, but they might not look at those. Of course, you wouldn't want to be a pest, but one message like "Hi XX, I've written a review for you and see that you haven't submitted one yet. Would really appreciate it if you did so, but I realize you may be busy. Just a reminder that the review period will run out in two days, and it's not possible to submit one after that. Thanks so much for booking my place and being such a nice guest."

You could use what Alexander wrote as a photo caption, maybe, if it's okay with him. "Private message I received from a guest:  XXXXX". 

@Sarah977  thanks so much for the information. That’s a great idea and will do that going forward and I agree one doesn’t want to be a pest but reviews are very important when using this sort of platform. I again appreciate your feedback and will do that going forward. Thanks! 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Kyle476 

Maybe you can do a screen shot of the review then add this to your listing as one of the photographs, so it acts as a testimonial.

You can remove it after a time once you have more reviews on your place.

I think 14 days is tooooo short of a window to leave a review. Some of us are still traveling!!! I missed windows, because I was still traveling, and I’m upset to not have more time to leave a review. AirBNB should give at LEAST 30 days to leave a review. The hosts are missing out with people who want to leave good reviews, but are possibly still traveling or getting their stuff together after a trip. HOW DO WE START A PETITION?!??