Review help for a smoker

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

Review help for a smoker

Need help how to word the review for three guests who smoked despite the house rules against it.  It was a short two night stay, they have already checked out so there is no point in trying to ask ABB/CS for help.  It's impossible to document how bad the smell was when I went in to clean.  I want to make it clear to other hosts in my review that they will most likely smoke in their home regardless of any hosts rules about not smoking.  

Suggestions on the wording would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Susan10 How about 'Guest was fine and left the property tidy EXCEPT for a strong smell of smoking even though this was against my house rules. I would not recommend this guest if you have a no smoking policy as they will likely ignore it.'

3 stars???

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Susan10,

Leave an honest review that can be similar to @Mike-And-Jane0's suggestion, but I would definitely leave a 1 star review, and not give them a host recommendation.  Clearing an entire apartment of a smoke smell is a lot of work, and can affect your future guests, plus the reviews they leave.

Susan10
Level 9
Elkton, MD

@Debra300 @Mike-And-Jane0 Thank you both for taking the time to answer.  Both suggestions were very helpful.  I ended up using most of the words from both in my review.  Sometimes I seem to draw a blank with words and get more reactive and personal rather than objective and sticking to facts.  Again, very helpful.

Susan