Review not showing on my listing....

Kirstie3
Level 2
Charlton, United Kingdom

Review not showing on my listing....

Guests have left me a review, it is showing on my past reviews, I have reviewed them. I received an email from Airbnb to say the review had been left etc (on the 4th December). But it's still not showing on my listing....

Any ideas as to why its not showing yet? 

Thanks

18 Replies 18

@Kirstie3, you don't say whose review you are not seeing, but I do see a review from a "David" that is from December 2017.

Kirstie3
Level 2
Charlton, United Kingdom

Thank you! That's the one I couldn't see, glad it's finally visible. Thanks for your help

Dina68
Level 2
New York, NY

I have reviewed a place I stayed at but it does not show on the actual listing.  How long does it take for the review to show on the listing?  Or did I do something wrong?  The review shows in my reviews.

thank you!

@Dina68, if it was the review of Lampros, I can see it on both your profile, Lampros' profile, and the listing now.

I don't know why it was not showing before.

@Matthew285, thank you for your response.  It was the review of Kiriakos that was not showing but I believe now it is showing.  After staying at Lampros' amazingly clean and perfectly set apartment, I wanted to make sure that the review of Kiriakos appeared as it was a total let down.

Daniel1112
Level 2
Costa Rica

Hi All,

I have a similar issue. I had my 1st guest -Nova- that finished her stay on Jan-1st. Few days later I received a mail from AirBnB indicating that she wrote me a review. I wrote mine for her, and saw it is published on her profile, but I can't see her review on my profile. I asked her about it, and she told me that she did write a review. What can I do to view it and make if publish?

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

@Daniel1112, if you and your guest have both written your reviews, then there is not much more you can do.

Sometimes it does take time for a review to appear, but feel free to contact AirBnB directly about this.

At this point they would be the only ones who could do anything related to helping the review appear.

(Again, it may just take a little more time.)

Kirstie3
Level 2
Charlton, United Kingdom

As you can see from the above, my earlier review appeared quite quickly. But I've just noticed that a review that was left for me at the beginning of December isn't visable now!  

I have found my reviews are not in order of date of booking. So this makes it look like I have not had any bookings for months but in fact i have and the reviews are there but not in order.

@Alison245, I have heard that reviews are not strictly in order of date anymore, but that they will appear in order depending on the native language of the person viewing the listing.

I looked at your listing, and it seems that even the English reviews are out of order.

Anyway, here's what AirBnB says about the order of the reviews:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1885/why-aren-t-my-reviews-shown-in-order

Elaine171
Level 2
West New York, NJ

I received an email that a recent guest posted a review on their stay at my place and when I replied, my reply wasn't visable, nor was their review visable. The site says that the guest review will expire in 2 days, but the next window says the review is no longer available. Seems confusing and contradicting. Can anyone help since I can't view either/or?

@Elaine171 the review process can be confusing!

When you say that you "replied" to the guest's review, do you mean that you posted your own review of the guest, or do you mean that you somehow posted a public reply to the guest's review? (Those are two very different things.)

I posted a public reply. I didn't realize they were two different things. Ugh! I'm a rookie. Does it mean it's now too late for me to reply to my guests review?

@Elaine171 I don't think you did anything wrong.

If a host is able to post a public reply to a guest's review, it is already impossible for the host to write a review of the guest. (The 14 days have elapsed.)

I just looked at your listing, and I don't see any guest review. Perhaps the first email was when the guest posted their review, but then the review was removed for some reason?

(Which would explain why the system said the review was no longer available.)

I also noticed you did a host cancellation. What happened with that?