Review support host guest Cherry today Friday 14 June 2019

LanAnh0
Level 2
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

Review support host guest Cherry today Friday 14 June 2019

Dear Team Airbnb,

I am Lan Anh , host of airbnb. 

I have problem today with one of old guest ( Cherry ) check in 7 June 2019 and She already checked out dated 7 June 2019. They were threaten me today after she checked out near 1 week in whatsaap contact and they ( I guess her boyfriend used her airbnb account and posted bad review on my listing to give trouble to my business on airbnb because he was the one threaten me in WhassAp number with same review).

The began story, They wanted the apartment 3 bedroom with 3 bathrooms, then after that the apartment got floor problem and on fixing so I worried it might not yet done before they came. So,  I contacted them and wanted to change for her the 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms apartment same quality and I deal with her to give a gift or 30$ for this changing. But she did not want and I must order more workers work overnight for floor done before they came. 

Then when they came, they stayed there did not complain any thing, they only asked to give extra  01 fan ( fan is not in the listing of equipment ) because some one in her team like the fan. I supported the fan free in few minutes ( fan is not rented and she did not pay any money for that extra support). When my cleaner- maid brought the fan to them, the cleaner- maid rang the door bell 2 times and did not hear the response so the cleaner- maid opened door to put the fan inside apartment for them. They did not complain any until they check out on 8 June 2019.

Today, Cherry boyfriend contacted me in WhassAp number and he threaten me to post on airbnb bad review to make my business down. I replied him the true thing happened and I hope he understand and stop threaten me. But  after that I still saw Cherry account posted bad review and I believe this bad review wrote by her boyfriend because all of this he sent to me in whatssAp before Cherry posted on airbnb.

Please support me in this because I feel so down for some time to get this guest threaten me. 

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@LanAnh0   I read the review which is very long and very negative.  However, you have so many good positive reviews praising you as the host and the space.  Most potential guests will ignore the bad review so don't make too much of it.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @LanAnh0 

I am sorry for your negative experience and that you are feeling down. You have done nothing wrong. 

Please do not communicate with people who are not the guest who has booked,  off the platform. Only communicate through Airbnb messaging with the guest so there is a record.

Going forward if you have a problem with a property which is in need of emergency repairs, you can cancel under extenuating circumstances.

Please contact Airbnb and share the messages from the boyfriend with them. 

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @LanAnh0 

I am so sorry. 

Also if you have a copy of the communication via what’s app- you can share this with Airbnb and if there is any hint of extortion- type behaviour or untrufulness, eg the fan situation- being given as oppose d to being rented this could perhaps be terms to have the review taken down. 

Please communicate via the Airbnb app and block their numbers and if any threatening words were expressed this could also be shared with Airbnb when flagging their profile.

if you cannot take down the review- please respond politely explaining the situation but without any reference to resolution, etc as per Airbnb’s review and content guidelines. 

I wish you luck and keep on going! 

Yadira 🙂